The 23rd International Smalltalk Joint Conference − Call for Contributions
This call includes:
- The Developer Forum
- The Smalltalk Technology Award
- The International Workshop
- Student Volunteers
- Camp Smalltalk (July 12, 2015)
How You Can Support the Conference
You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways, including:
- Sponsoring the conference. For more information on sponsoring packages, click here.
- Submitting a talk, software or a paper to one of the events (see below).
- Attending the conference. Conference organizers would like to beat the previous attendance record (170 people at Amsterdam 2008).
- Enrolling in the Student Volunteers Program. Students can get free registration and
hosting if they enroll (see below).
Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference
Conference organizers are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk. You will have
30 minutes for presentations and 45 to 60 minutes for hands-on tutorials.
The list of topics for talks and tutorials includes, but is not limited to the following:
- XP practices, development tools and experience reports
- Model-driven development, Web development and team management
- Meta-modeling, security, new libraries and frameworks
- Educational material, embedded systems and robotics
- SOA and Web services and interaction with other programming languages
Teaching Pearls and Show Us Your Business
- Show us your business in a 10-minute session (get prepared!)
- Teaching Pearls – Conference organizers would like some sessions on how to teach some design aspects. They’d like your tips and tricks on teaching Smalltalk or OOP.
Conference organizers expect to have several 10- to 15-minute sessions aggregated.
How to Submit Contributions
- The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2015.
- Notifications of acceptance will be done on the fly.
For more information, click here.
Please note that the positions are limited, so don’t wait until the last minute to apply. Prospective presenters should submit a request to Stephane Ducasse using the following header: [ESUG 2015 Developers].
Please use the following template so that the email will be automatically processed:
Subject: [ESUG 2015 Developers] + your name
Email where you can always be reached:
Type: Tutorial/Talk/Teaching Pearl
Any presentation not following this format will be automatically discarded.
International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies
Please read the information found here.
Technology Award Competition
The top three teams with the most innovative software will receive, respectively, 500 euros, 300 euros and 200 euros during an awards ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based software are welcome to compete. For more information, click here.
Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the conference running smoothly, and in return, they have free accommodations while still having most of the time to enjoy the conference. For more information, click here.
We hope to see you there!