The 23rd International Smalltalk Joint Conference – Call for Contributions
The Developer Forum
- The Smalltalk Technology Award
- The International Workshop
- Student Volunteers
- Camp Smalltalk, which will take place on July 12, 2015
You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:
- Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/About/BecomeSponsor.
- Submit a talk, a paper or software to one of the events (see below).
- Attend the conference. We’d like to beat the previous attendance record (170 people at Amsterdam 2008)!
- Students can get free registration and hosting if they enroll into the Student Volunteers Program (see below).
Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference
We are looking for YOUR experience with using Smalltalk. You will have 30 minutes for presentations and 45-60 minutes for hands-on tutorials.
The list of topics for the talks and tutorials includes but is not limited to the following:
- XP practices, development tools and experience reports
- Model-driven development, Web development and team management
- Meta-modeling, security, new libraries and frameworks
- Educational material, embedded systems and robotics
- SOA and Web services and interaction with other programming languages
Teaching Pearls and Show Us Your Business
- Show us your business – 10-minute session (get prepared!)
- Teaching pearls – We’d like some sessions on how to teach some design
We want your tips and tricks for teaching Smalltalk or OOP.
We expect to have several 10- to 15-minute sessions aggregated.
How to Submit
The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2015, and notifications of acceptance will be done on the fly. For more information, visit http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2015/.
Please Note: The number of accepted submissions is limited, so please do not wait until the last
minute to apply. Prospective presenters should submit their requests to:
Stephane.Ducasse at inria.fr using the following header: [ESUG 2015 Developers].
Please follow the template below so that the email will be automatically processed!
Subject: [ESUG 2015 Developers] + your name First Name: Last Name: Email where you can always be reached: Title: Type: Tutorial/Talk/Teaching Pearl Abstract: Bio:
Any presentation not conforming to this format will automatically be discarded.
International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies
Technology Award Competition
The top three teams with the most innovative software will receive respectively 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based software are welcome to compete. For more information, visit http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2015/.
Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the conference running smoothly, and in return, they receive free accommodations while still having most of the time to enjoy the conference. For more information, visit: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2015/ or http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2015/Student-volunteers.
We hope to see you there so that we can have a great time together!