Cincom Smalltalk Product TutorialsAre you looking for Smalltalk tutorials or searching for the best place to learn Smalltalk online? Maybe you are new to Cincom Smalltalk and want to get started using our products?
If you’ve asked these or similar questions, you’ve come to the right spot. These Cincom Smalltalk™ product tutorials give you examples with live coding and are designed to help you become productive in using the Cincom Smalltalk suite of products.
Many of the tools used for development in Cincom® ObjectStudio® and Cincom® VisualWorks® are now shared. Therefore, some of our tutorials will work for either product.
Below is the list of the Common Tools Tutorials:
Here is a list of tutorials that highlight features and tools that are specific to the ObjectStudio product:
- NEW! Installing Cincom ObjectStudio—Cincom ObjectStudio is an ideal solution for developing custom applications for Windows®. Known as the “business person’s thinking tool,” and based on the powerful Smalltalk language, ObjectStudio provides a powerhouse development environment, which is necessary to create innovative applications that capture complex business models and processes. This brief screencast demonstrates installing ObjectStudio on a Windows 10 platform.
- NEW! A Simple ObjectStudio App—Once Cincom ObjectStudio is installed, this screencast demonstrates how to build a simple application using ObjectStudio. It demonstrates the use of a few ObjectStudio tools and how to use them to construct and test an application.
- NEW! Product Introduction—An overview of the product – the launcher, the workspace, and how to load ObjectStudio applications into the toolset
- NEW! ObjectStudio GUI Designer, Part One—An overview of the Graphical User Interface (GUI) Designer for ObjectStudio, using a simple user interface as a way to get you started.
- NEW! ObjectStudio GUI Designer, Part Two—Having built a simple user interface with the designer, we’ll take a look at how you can use various tool options to make the resulting user interface look good.
- NEW! Modeling Tool Overview—An overview of the ObjectStudio Modeling tool, what it is, what you can do with it.
Here is a list of tutorials that highlight features and tools that are specific to the VisualWorks product:
- NEW! Installing Cincom VisualWorks—Cincom VisualWorks is the premiere Smalltalk environment and is an ideal solution for enterprise-class, multilingual, cross-platform, application development. VisualWorks includes components for any type of work that is required—Client, Server, Client-Server, Distributed, Grid or Web—and allows users to build them with superior development tools. This brief screencast demonstrates installing VisualWorks on a Windows 10 platform.
- NEW! A Simple VisualWorks App—Once VisualWorks is installed, this screencast demonstrates how to build a simple application using VisualWorks. It demonstrates the use of a few VisualWorks tools and how to use them to construct and run an application.
- NEW! Product Introduction—An overview of the product, the launcher and its various options for the most part
- NEW! Project Launcher—How to get started with VisualWorks the easy way, creating a new working environment for your new project
- NEW! Setting up Your VisualWorks Environment—An overview of what you should load to get started with VisualWorks, and what settings you might want to look at from the long list of possibilities
- NEW! VisualWorks Workspace—An overview of the workspace tool in VisualWorks, and how to use it to do code exploration and experimentation.
Over the years, we have produced quite a few tutorials. The vast majority of these are using older versions of our software. However, some of the material may be useful or beneficial in learning the basic fundamentals and concepts of our software.
- Cincom VisualWorks Tutorials – In these beneficial tutorials, we show the steps in getting started, as well as the scalability, flexibility and usability of VisualWorks.