Cincom® VisualWorks® 9.3.1
It is our pleasure to bring you the current major release of Cincom VisualWorks 9.3.1
Both Cincom® ObjectStudio® and Cincom VisualWorks share the same core libraries and foundation, which means enhancements on the foundation improve both products. This release has very significant and meaningful upgrades for the Cincom Smalltalk Foundation and for each product.
VisualWorks is an enterprise-class, multilingual, cross-platform, application development and delivery platform that’s used by world-class companies in areas such as semiconductor manufacturing, shipping, financial risk management, insurance, banking, government, education and healthcare.
The VisualWorks suite is the premiere Smalltalk environment and has an unrivaled live and interactive development environment that is highly effective and productive.
VisualWorks includes components for any type of work that your team might contemplate—Client, Server, Client-Server, Distributed, Grid or Web—and allows you to build them with superior development tools.
Key VisualWorks Features
High-Fidelity Skins (UI Skinning)
- Native rendering combined with customizable widgets
- Native rendering on Windows and MacOS
- Allows custom looks to be created by developer.
Enhanced Text A few areas of new capability in text handling include:
- Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix
- See the available platforms listed.
VisualWorks Is Instantly Portable across a Wide Range of Platforms (32 Bit and 64 Bit) including:
- Windows (10, 11)
- Windows Server® (2019/2022)
- MacOS (10.15.x, 11, 12 x86)
- Linux (x86) (RHEL 7.x+)
- AIX 7.x
- Solaris 11
- Easy cross-platform applications
- AppeX EcmaScript ES8 support
- UI skinning on Windows/MacOS
- New text
- Seaside Web framework
- Web services