What Is the Advantage of Using Cincom Smalltalk?
Smalltalk reduces the complexity that complicates software development while accelerating your potential for profitable growth in each type of software development.
This simple development tool assists you in creating value with the least amount of risk and the quickest return on investment.
“Simply possible. Cincom Smalltalk makes the hard things easy and the impossible, possible.” – Arden Thomas, Cincom Smalltalk Product Manager
Creating systems for internal clients can be a difficult task. New systems must bridge practices and data structures from previous eras as they are built on decades of applications and a variety of technologies. Furthermore, they must be web-accessible.
Cincom Smalltalk streamlines development, ensuring that new or integrated applications for internal clients provide value and a return on investment at a low cost and risk to you. Cincom’s Smalltalk implementation makes no concessions. You concentrate on the business processes you want to automate rather than the code you’re writing. Your application reflects your professional expertise rather than just your coding and debugging abilities, and you create a higher quality, higher value application.
The total cost of ownership exceeds the license fees. You save money when you can create applications with little or no support, when they can be easily applied across multiple platforms, and when you can write them quickly. Your expenses are lower than those of other application tools. If you can save time and money developing applications because the tool is easier to use, your ROI will rise. How much more will your ROI improve if you can integrate systems and data more quickly?
Writing in Smalltalk means collaborating with a company that provides global customers and partners with simplification through innovation. They recognize and value low risk, which is why many of them have been with us for 20, 25, even 30 or more years. Cincom Smalltalk has solutions for every type of software development and integration activity, including:
- In-house applications serving internal clients
- New technologies for your markets
- Partnerships with other companies
- Contracting with external clients
The “Pearls of Smalltalk” show various ways Cincom Smalltalk can help you develop software better:
- Productivity – In studies and comparisons, Cincom Smalltalk is consistently more productive than any other mainstream language.
- Simplicity – The language design is simple, consistent and efficient, allowing users to get more done with less. This means fewer problems and less maintenance for our users. It also means that users can get their arms around more complex problems.
- Pioneering – From Smalltalk’s heritage at the legendary PARC labs to modern development techniques, Cincom Smalltalk’s technology has and is setting standards. From the graphical user interface to XP/Agile development, people who use our technology are continually making or influencing software development.
- Portability – Cincom Smalltalk is a leader in platform portability, which minimizes risk and protects the user’s development investment while getting the platform flexibility they need for their applications.
- Broad Application Flexibility – Cincom Smalltalk has proven successes with Client, Client/Server, Web Browser, Web Server and Distributed applications.
- Enjoyment – Developers who use our technology get more done and enjoy doing it. Better morale leads to better employee retention.