How Can Cincom Smalltalk Help with Business Process Management?
The task of understanding and defining business processes is not a new concept. In fact, nearly a decade ago, we introduced a subject on our website called Business Process Analysis (BPA). BPA used to be considered as simply analyzing an organization’s current processes and designing a concept of it through a modeling tool. The goal of this concept was to deliver a working model of the necessary features for the benefit of IT personnel since IT was where the proper system was created, tested and implemented to automate these processes.
In recent years, this predominant IT focus of BPA expanded to encompass the business user’s broader understanding and perspective of the overall business, shifting from the term Business Process Analysis (BPA) to Business Process Management (BPM).
According to Gartner, Business Process Management is a
“discipline that uses various methods to discover, model, analyze, measure, improve and optimize business processes. A business process coordinates the behavior of people, systems, information and things to produce business outcomes in support of a business strategy. … BPM is key to align IT/OT investments to business strategy.”
Forrester simply says Business Process Management
“empowers businesses to run more efficiently and eliminates confusion and confliction.”
All of the methods that Gartner describes above are squarely in the wheelhouse of object-oriented programming, and more specifically Smalltalk. In fact, Cincom® ObjectStudio®:
- Known as the “business analyst’s thinking tool”
- Based on object-oriented programming in Smalltalk
- Provides a powerhouse development environment,
- Creates innovative applications that capture complex business models and processes.
#TBT #DYK: The @cincomsmalltalk Modeling & Mapping Tools found in @Cincom #ObjectStudio can help build a visual walkthrough of an entire application—from the front to the back end, helping developers & their clients be on the same page. https://t.co/czt1GbVwMs
— Cincom Smalltalk | try.cincomsmalltalk.com (@cincomsmalltalk) July 1, 2021
Two powerful components found in ObjectStudio are the Modeling and Mapping Tools:
- Assist developers in writing applications for clients
- Provide a proof of concept or visual aid in which developers and Marketing can communicate
- Helps build a visual walkthrough of the entire application—from the front to the back end.
- Helps developers and their clients be on the same page with their Business Process Management before months of development time and money are spent on writing the actual application.
To learn more about the Cincom ObjectStudio Modeling and Mapping Tools and see working demos and tutorials, click here.