Modeling and Mapping Tools
Modeling ToolBusiness owners and developers can often speak different languages, which can slow software development. The Cincom ObjectStudio Modeling tool gives a graphical representation both parties can view, review and discuss in common language meaningful to both. The Modeling tool allows you to model the domains involved in your business. This allows both a developer and a business person to work together, productively. The developer begins to model and develop business objects that the business person understands and both can discuss.
Mapping ToolThe Mapping tool gives persistence to the models developed in the modeling tool. Persistence means the objects and information (representing things like business transactions, customer records, etc) can be stored and retrieved properly. This is done by mapping and using an industry-standard relational database.
Round-Trip EngineeringMany other tools generate something for you, but if you change or enhance the output for your business needs, and later regenerate, you wipe out all your changes! ObjectStudio components let you make needed enhancements which are then reflected in your graphical models. Generation does not erase your enhancements.
Examples, Demonstrations and Tutorials:
- An Introduction to the Modeling and Mapping Tools in Cincom ObjectStudio – https://youtu.be/3vh6EzfFIEY
- Modeling & Mapping Demo #1: Creating the Model – https://youtu.be/VxwDDlNH-4M
- Modeling & Mapping, Tutorials #1: Create the Model – https://youtu.be/ix6UgX_-Oco
- Modeling & Mapping Demo #2: Create Database Tables, Map Them to the Model and Consult a Database – https://youtu.be/RKqazzwiiow
- Modeling & Mapping, Tutorial #2: Create Database Tables, Map Them to the Model and Consult Database – https://youtu.be/kzgfcq9GIR0
- Modeling & Mapping Demo #3: Creating a Simple User Interface and Showing Values from the Database – https://youtu.be/W54YHI_8nwI
- Modeling & Mapping, Tutorial #3: Creating a Simple User Interface & Showing Values from the Database – https://youtu.be/9VnCl_Uvryg
- An Introduction to the Modeling and Mapping Tools in Cincom ObjectStudio (Arden Thomas)
- Modeling Tool Overview Turtorial An overview of the ObjectStudio Modeling tool, what it is, what you can do with it.
- Building a Business with Cincom Smalltalk (Arden Thomas and Dirk Verleysen – ESUG)
- Building a Business with Cincom Smalltalk (Arden Thomas and Dirk Verleysen – STIC)
Try the Modeling and Mapping tools of Cincom ObjectStudio for yourself at https://try.cincomsmalltalk.com.