The February edition of Smalltalk Digest is available now.
Check This Out!
- Exciting Job Opportunities — Yearly Competition for INRIA Research Positions Begins
- Extending a Helping Hand — The Caesar Systems Help Desk—Working Together, Building Better Models
- Cincom® ObjectStudio® Tool — ObjectStudio Glossary Available
- Academia — The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- New Website Sections — New Presentations and Videos Sections Now Available
- Serving the Smalltalk Community — Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
Smalltalk News Repositories
- Smalltalk News from the Smalltalk Industry Council
- Smalltalk News from the Cincom Smalltalk Team
- News Regarding STIC
Cincom Corporate News
- Cincom Hosts 8th Annual Spirit of Enterprise Graduate Business Plan Competition
- Cincom CEO, Tom Nies, to Receive the Carl H. Lindner Award for Outstanding Business Achievement
Helpful Technical Information
- February 17, 2012 — EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE
- February 23-24, 2012 — Spirit of Enterprise Graduate Business Plan Competition
- March 6, 2012 — NYC Smalltalk Developer’s Group Presentation
- March 18, 2012 — Registration for the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference (Biloxi, Mississippi)
- March 19-21, 2012 — The 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference (Biloxi, Mississippi)
- March 19-21, 2012 — Smalltalk Directions Symposium (Biloxi, Mississippi)
- March 22-23, 2012 — Camp Smalltalk (Biloxi, Mississippi)
- August 27-31, 2012 — ESUG 2012 Conference
- Update on Smalltalk Events
STIC’12 Information — March 19-20, 2012
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17!
- STIC’12 Agenda
- STIC’12 to Showcase Popular ESUG 2011 Presentation
- STIC’12 Abstracts and Speaker Bios
- STIC’12 — Cincom Presentation Abstracts
- Latest News and Updates
- Venue Information
- STIC’12 to Enlighten Attendees on “Google Dart”
- Fees Determined for STIC’12
- Would you like to be an STIC’12 sponsor?
- Sci-Fi Convention Promoters Offer Discount to STIC’12 Attendees
- About Biloxi, Mississippi
- STIC’12 on Facebook
- Smalltalk Directions Call for Participation
- Call for STIC’12 Student Volunteers
The yearly competition for INRIA research positions has started. RMOD is looking for researcher applicants to fill two permanent (tenured) positions for their team at Lille/France. Click here to find out more about the positions.
Caesar Systems is happy to offer the services of their Help Desk. They have team members who are ready to work side by side with PetroVR modelers and planners in helping to explain how to use the software and how to build better models. Click here to find out how you can take advantage of this helpful opportunity.
We’re pleased to let you know that there is now a Cincom ObjectStudio Glossary available that includes an alphabetical listing of pertinent Cincom ObjectStudio terms and their definitions—a very handy reference tool. To access the glossary, click here.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and Expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
Are you interested in viewing a presentation or video on a particular subject? We’re happy to report that thanks to the new Presentations section and Video section of the Cincom Smalltalk product website, it’s just gotten a whole lot easier to find what you’re looking for.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
There’s a lot going on in the world of Smalltalk these days, and we’re happy to present it to you. Click here to view the latest Smalltalk news courtesy of the Smalltalk Industry Council.
Click here to get Smalltalk news from the Cincom Smalltalk team.
Click here to view the latest news regarding STIC.
The UC (University of Cincinnati) Center for Entrepreneurship Education and Research is pleased to announce that the University of Cincinnati and Cincom Systems will be hosting the 2012 UC Spirit of Enterprise Graduate Business Plan Competition on February 23 and 24, 2012 at Cincom’s World Headquarters. Click here to learn more about this annual, exciting event.
Cincom CEO, Thomas Nies, will receive the “Carl H. Lindner Award for Outstanding Business Achievement” from the University of Cincinnati on Thursday, March 1, 2012. Click here for the official release from the Cincom Newsroom.
Victor Savkin, a Ruby Developer at Nulogy, recently wrote a blog posting titled, “Why Every Ruby Developer Should Learn Smalltalk.” The posting discusses how it’s hard to ignore Smalltalk’s influence on what we do and use right now. Click here to learn more and to access Victor’s posting.
February 17, 2012 — EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE
The 2012 UC Spirit of Enterprise Graduate Business Plan Competition will be held on February 23 and 24, 2012 at Cincom’s World Headquarters. Click here.
March 19-21, 2012 — The 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference (Biloxi, Mississippi)
March 19-21, 2012 — Smalltalk Directions Symposium (Biloxi, Mississippi)
March 22-23, 2012 — Camp Smalltalk (Biloxi, Mississippi)
ESUG 2012 will be held at Gent, Belgium on August 27-31 with Camp Smalltalk preceding it on August 25-26. Click here for additional information.
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.
The Early Bird Registration for STIC’12 ends on Friday, February 17. It’s not too late to register early! Click here for the STIC’12 online registration page.
The agenda for STIC’12 features plenty of informative sessions and dynamic speakers. Click here to view the agenda for this exciting event.
One of this year’s sessions at STIC’12 is a popular presentation that was originally given at ESUG 2011 by Niall Ross, Dirk Verleysen and Andreas Hiltner. At STIC’12, Andreas will be joined by Mark Grinnell for a presentation that discusses the Glorp Object Relational Mapping Framework Using the Powerful Cincom® ObjectStudio® Development Environment. Click here for more information on the presentation.
STIC’12 Conference abstracts and bios for the conference speakers have been released, and we’re happy to pass that on to you. Click here.
Several Cincomers will be making presentations at STIC’12. Click here for the part I of Cincomer presentation abstracts, and be looking for part II in next month’s Digest.
Click here for the latest news and updates about STIC’12, which will be held at the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi on March 19-21.
Click here for the RSS feed.
Click here for STIC’12 venue information.
STIC’12 will be featuring Google Dart, which is Google’s new programming language for “structured web programming.” Click here for more information.
The fees associated with STIC’12 have been determined. Click here to find out what they are.
Have you ever thought of being a sponsor of one of the most important Smalltalk events of the year? Click here to read about the sponsorship levels and what each has to offer.
Attendees of STIC’12 have even more to be excited about. Just prior to the conference on March 16-18, they will have an opportunity to attend CoastCon Inc.’s Sci-Fi Convention at a group discount of $30 for a weekend membership, which is $15 off of the regular at-the-door rate of $45 for weekend membership. Click here for more information.
Click here for information regarding Biloxi Mississippi, which is where STIC’12 will take place.
Click here to visit the STIC’12 Facebook page.
Smalltalk Directions, which will be co-located and run in parallel with STIC’12 on March 19-21, will be presenting the Smalltalk Directions Symposium. The symposium will offer a parallel track of presentations of refereed academic work that will be open to all conference attendees. Click here.
The Smalltalk Industry Council is currently seeking student volunteers to help keep the 2012 Smalltalk Industry Conference (STIC’12) running smoothly. In return, these volunteers will receive free accommodations, no conference fees and time to enjoy the majority of the conference. Click here to read more about the possibility of being a volunteer.