Yearly Competition for INRIA Research Positions Begins
The yearly competition for INRIA research positions has started with the deadline being February 17, 2012.
RMOD is looking for researcher applicants to fill the following permanent (tenured) positions for their team at Lille/France:
- CR2 “Young graduate scientist”
– A PhD
– In practice, the competition is very hard and a strong academic CV is needed on a level that requires, besides a very good PhD, at least one to two years of post-doctoral research experience.
For more information on this position, visit: http://www.inria.fr/en/institute/recruitment/offers/young-graduate-scientist/competitive-selection-2012.
- CR1 “Young experienced scientist”
– A PhD and four years of research experience.
– A very strong academic CV.
For more information on this position, visit: http://www.inria.fr/en/institute/recruitment/offers/young-experienced-scientists/competitive-selection-2012
Both positions are tenured after a probation period of 12 months.
Research directions are:
- Software Engineering/Software Evolution
- Dynamic Reflective Programming Languages
- Security and Dynamic Languages
- Research (no teaching)
- Help manage the Research group
- Be involved with the self-governance of the INRIA Lab and INRIA as a whole.
- Guide PhD students (and therefore get a French habilitation to be able to formally supervise PhD students)
- Help acquire additional funds for PhD students, Postdocs and Engineers
- Transfer research results to the real world (this means making things real—not just something that’s written on paper).
About Lille and INRIA
Lille is located in northern France, one hour from Paris, an hour and 20 minutes from London, and 35 minutes from Brussels (by train). And, of course, French food combined with that good Belgium beer is nearby!
- RMoD: http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
- INRIA Lille: http://www.inria.fr/lille/
- INRIA in General: http://www.inria.fr
- Lille: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lille and http://wikitravel.org/en/Lille