Smalltalk Digest: July Edition
Check This Out!
- Ease in Ordering — Ordering New Releases Is Now Even Easier!
- Join the Team? — Looking for a Few Good Smalltalkers!
- Happy 25th! — Georg Heeg eK Celebrates Silver Anniversary
- See Them All! — Complete Collection of STIC’12 Videos and Abstracts Are Now Live!
- Dynamic Speakers — All STIC’12 Videos Featuring Cincom Smalltalk Speakers Are Now Live!
- New Video Page — Cincom Smalltalk Video Page Now Available
- New YouTube Presence — Visit the Cincom Smalltalk and STIC YouTube Pages
- Understanding Pricing — Cincom Smalltalk Account Executive Explains “Pricing Model” in New Video
- Availability of Information — New Release Information Readily Available on the Cincom Smalltalk Website
- Smalltalk Comes to South America — Argentine University Chooses Smalltalk
- Heeg eK in the News — Local Köthen, Germany Publication Features Georg Heeg eK
- New Concept — Cincom Personnel to Offer New Concept at European Developer “Un-Conference”
- Cincom® ObjectStudio® Tool — ObjectStudio Glossary Available
- Academia — The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- New Website Sections — New Presentations and Videos Sections Now Available
- Serving the Smalltalk Community — Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
Helpful Technical Information
Smalltalk News Repositories
- Smalltalk News from the Smalltalk Industry Council
- Smalltalk News from the Cincom Smalltalk Team
- News Regarding STIC
- August 27-31, 2012 – ESUG 2012 Conference
- August 29-31, 2012 – ALE2012 “Un-Conference”
- Update on Smalltalk Events
We’re very pleased to announce that we’re making it even easier to get the latest releases of our great products. Click here to find out how easy it is to keep up-to-date with the newest releases.
Cincom is looking for a few good Smalltalkers to join its Cincom Smalltalk Engineering Team. Interested? Click here for more information.
We’re happy to report that Georg Heeg’s company, Georg Heeg eK, celebrated its 25-year anniversary on Saturday, July 7, 2012. Click here to read about the anniversary celebration.
Although STIC’12 has come and gone, you can recapture moments from the conference on video. The complete collection is now live. Click here for more information. In addition, abstracts from keynote and conference sessions are available. Click here.
Cincom Smalltalk was well represented at STIC’12, with many favorable comments and high praise for the Cincom Smalltalk speakers. Their presentations are all available now on video. Click here to find out how you can access them.
There are a wide variety of Cincom Smalltalk videos out there including product videos, partner videos and customer videos. Now you can find them all in one convenient location. Click here to view the Cincom Smalltalk Video Page.
Have you ever wondered how Cincom does its licensing? How does it determine pricing? In a new video, Cincom Smalltalk Account Executive, Doug Rogers, explains the process. Click here.
The Cincom Smalltalk product line is constantly being updated and improved upon. To help keep up-to-date, we have several locations on the Cincom Smalltalk website where anyone can find out the latest product improvements, changes and release information. Click here to find out the locations.
The Universidad Nacional de San Martin (UNSAM) recently chose Smalltalk as its object-oriented programming language of choice. Click here for more details.
Georg Heeg, founder and owner of Georg Heeg eK, was recently featured in the local Köthen, Germany publication, mz-web.de. Click here for more information.
Cincom will be testing out a new concept at an international developer’s conference that will be held in Spain at the end of August. Click here to find out more.
We’re pleased to let you know that there is now a Cincom ObjectStudio Glossary available that includes an alphabetical listing of pertinent Cincom ObjectStudio terms and their definitions—a very handy reference tool. To access the glossary, click here.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and Expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
Are you interested in viewing a presentation or video on a particular subject? We’re happy to report that thanks to the new Presentations section and Video section of the Cincom Smalltalk product website, it’s just gotten a whole lot easier to find what you’re looking for.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
In this article, Cincom Smalltalk Product Manager, Arden Thomas, shares some of the highlights, enhancements and fixes that are included in the recently released major releases of Cincom® ObjectStudio® 8.4 and Cincom® VisualWorks® 7.9. Click here for Arden’s article.
There’s a lot going on in the world of Smalltalk these days, and we’re happy to present it to you. Click here to view the latest Smalltalk news courtesy of the Smalltalk Industry Council.
Click here to get Smalltalk news from the Cincom Smalltalk team.
Click here to view the latest news regarding STIC.
ESUG 2012 will be held at Gent, Belgium on August 27-31 with Camp Smalltalk preceding it on August 25-26. Click here for additional information.
The ALE2012 “Un-conference” will be held in Barcelona, Spain at the Casa Convalescència on August 29-31. Click here to find out more about this unconventional and unique “un-conference.”
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.