Smalltalk Digest: August Edition
Check This Out!
- Dynamic Speakers — Meet the Smalltalk Experts at ESUG 2012
- Seeking Submissions — Smalltalks 2012 Call for Papers
- ”Altitude” Presentation — Next Vancouver Smalltalk Developer Group Meeting to Feature Altitude Web Framework Presentation
- New Video Page — Cincom Smalltalk Video Page Now Available
- New YouTube Presence — Visit the Cincom Smalltalk and STIC YouTube Pages
- Availability of Information — New Release Information Readily Available on the Cincom Smalltalk Website
- Cincom® ObjectStudio® Tool — ObjectStudio Glossary Available
- Academia — The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- New Website Sections — New Presentations and Videos Sections Now Available
- Serving the Smalltalk Community — Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
Smalltalk News Repositories
- Smalltalk News from the Smalltalk Industry Council
- Smalltalk News from the Cincom Smalltalk Team
- News Regarding STIC
- August 27-31, 2012 – ESUG 2012 Conference
- August 29-31, 2012 – ALE2012 “Un-Conference”
- September 27-28, 2012 – Agile Cambridge
- November 7-9, 2012 – Smalltalks 2012
- November 19-22, 2012 – Agile Testing Days
- Update on Smalltalk Events
ESUG 2012 takes place in Ghent, Belgium on August 27-31, and we’re happy to report that several of the conference speakers will be Cincomers, Cincom clients or Cincom partners. Click here for more details about the conference sessions and speakers.
Smalltalks 2012, the 6th International Conference on Smalltalk Technologies, will take place on November 7-9 at the Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia San Juan Bosco, Puerto Madryn (Argentina), and conference organizers are seeking submissions for papers. Click here for submission guidelines, dates, and more.
Although at this time a firm date has not been set, the Vancouver Smalltalk Developer Group is meeting again. The next meeting will welcome Colin Putney who will present his new open source web framework: Altitude. Click here for details.
There are a wide variety of Cincom Smalltalk videos out there including product videos, partner videos and customer videos. Now you can find them all in one convenient location. Click here to view the Cincom Smalltalk Video Page.
The Cincom Smalltalk product line is constantly being updated and improved upon. To help keep up-to-date, we have several locations on the Cincom Smalltalk website where anyone can find out the latest product improvements, changes and release information. Click here to find out the locations.
We’re pleased to let you know that there is now a Cincom ObjectStudio Glossary available that includes an alphabetical listing of pertinent Cincom ObjectStudio terms and their definitions—a very handy reference tool. To access the glossary, click here.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and Expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
Are you interested in viewing a presentation or video on a particular subject? We’re happy to report that thanks to the new Presentations section and Video section of the Cincom Smalltalk product website, it’s just gotten a whole lot easier to find what you’re looking for.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
There’s a lot going on in the world of Smalltalk these days, and we’re happy to present it to you. Click here to view the latest Smalltalk news courtesy of the Smalltalk Industry Council.
Click here to get Smalltalk news from the Cincom Smalltalk team.
Click here to view the latest news regarding STIC.
ESUG 2012 will be held at Gent, Belgium on August 27-31 with Camp Smalltalk preceding it on August 25-26. Click here for additional information.
The ALE2012 “Un-conference” with the theme of “Open Space Software Development: Shipping Software Every Hour on the Hour,” will be held in Barcelona, Spain at the Casa Convalescència on August 29-31. Click here to find out more about this unconventional and unique “un-conference.”
The Agile Cambridge conference will take place in Cambridge, England on September
27-28. Click here for the conference website.
Smalltalks 2012 will take place on November 7-9 at the Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia San Juan Bosco, Puerto Madryn (Argentina). Click here for the conference website.
The 4th edition of Europe’s greatest agile event, Agile Testing Days, will take place in Potsdam, Germany on November 19-22. Click here to find out who should attend, what to expect, and to stay updated on the event.
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.