Cincom Smalltalk™ Foundation
- To view the latest Cincom Smalltalk Roadmap, click here.
ObjectStudio is an object-oriented application development/deployment platform for creating and maintaining business applications.
VisualWorks is an enterprise-class, multilingual, crossplatform, application development and delivery platform that’s used by worldclass companies in areas such as semiconductor manufacturing, shipping, financial risk management, insurance, banking, government, education and healthcare.
This current release has very significant and meaningful upgrades for the Cincom Smalltalk Foundation and for each product, with over 700 action requests (ARs) being addressed.
Here’s a look at these changes:
- Support for the next generation of HTTP protocol: HTTP/2
- Create an HTTP/2 server
- DITA-XML standards based help system for the IDE
- Can be used to create a help system for user-developed applications
- Advanced auto-complete
- Theming support
- Code critic feedback
- Annotated errors/warnings
- DSL support
- Contextual coloring
- New! HTTP/2 support
- New! Help2 system
- New! Revamped code editor
- New! Editor theme system
- New! Auto-complete
- MatriX multi-core support
- SiouX Web server
- AppeX Web development
- COM ActiveX
- Security protocols
- Distributed protocols
- Sioux–SiouX is our unified, flexible, scalable, high- performance HTTP server. It can support many Web solutions with one capable server, even simultaneously.
- AppeX–AppeX is our lightweight, flexible, next-generation Web app framework supporting:
- Seaside–The Seaside Web framework is a highly regarded mature and capable solution for Web-based solutions.
- Web Services–Web Services enable applications to communicate across networks or the internet in a platform-independent way. Web Services include full support for XML, SOAP , WSDL and UDDI and provide interoperability with .NET-based services and J2EE Web Services.Cincom Smalltalk has full support for SOAP and WSDL. This allows for full interoperability with .NET- based services and J2EE Web Services. Wizards make it easy to either expose existing interfaces as a Web service or to create client Smalltalk interfaces to existing services.
- Opentalk–Opentalk is the distribution framework that allows rapid implementation of distributed protocols such as Smalltalk-toSmalltalk. Opentalk serves as the basis of Web Services and Web Toolkit implementations.
- Security/TLS/ HTTPS*–Cincom Smalltalk includes an extensive security library including TLS/ HTTPS and mutual authentication.
- Cryptography*–An extensive security library includes implementation of a number of cryptographic algorithms (MD5, SHA, DES, AES, RSA, DSA, DH, etc.) as well as higher-level mechanisms like passwordbased cryptography (PKCS#5), standard secure private key storage (PKCS#8) or public key certificates (X.509). Many of these standards are supported by a flexible ASN.1 marshaling framework. A complete implementation of SSL protocol is used to secure other protocols like HTTP (HTTPS) or various mail protocols.