The June edition of Smalltalk Digest is available now.
Check This Out!
- Join the Team? — Looking for a Few Good Smalltalkers!
- Going Mobile! — The New CST App
- Best Wishes — Cincom Smalltalk Team Bids Farewell to Travis Griggs
- New Addition — Public Store Repository Adds New Packages
- Successful Meetings — Vancouver Smalltalk Developer Group Reports Successful First and Second Meetings
- Cincom® ObjectStudio® Tool — ObjectStudio Glossary Available
- Academia — The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- New Website Sections — New Presentations and Videos Sections Now Available
- Serving the Smalltalk Community — Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
Smalltalk News Repositories
- Smalltalk News from the Smalltalk Industry Council
- Smalltalk News from the Cincom Smalltalk Team
- News Regarding STIC
- July 1-4, 2012 – SPA (Software Practice Advancement Conference)
- July 4, 2012 – Gesellschaft für Informatik/ACM Workshop – Real-Time Collaboration (neue Wege in der Software-Entwicklung)
- July 7, 2012 – Gesellschaft für Informatik/ACM Workshop – Wolf Pack Programming (Real-Time Collaboration selbst erleben)
- July 11-12, 2012 – Agile World
- August 27-31, 2012 – ESUG 2012 Conference
- Update on Smalltalk Events
Cincom is looking for a few good Smalltalkers to join its Cincom Smalltalk Engineering Team. Interested? Click here for more information.
In an effort to promote the Cincom Smalltalk Digest more, we have created a handy web app that will work on most mobile devices: iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets and “touchscreen” BlackBerry phones and Playbooks. Click here for more information.
The Cincom Smalltalk team is saying goodbye to software engineer, Travis Griggs. Even though the team hates to see him go, Travis is extremely excited about his new position. Click here to read Travis’ comments.
Two, small “REST”-related packages have just been replicated to the public store repository. Click here for more information.
We’re happy to report that the first meeting of the Vancouver Smalltalk Developer Group, which was held on Wednesday, May 16, went very well. Click here for a report. Also, although at this time, we don’t have a report on the group’s second meeting, we’re happy to share with you a posting that announced what the meeting was to entail. Click here. Look for a report on the results of the second meeting in next month’s Digest.
We’re pleased to let you know that there is now a Cincom ObjectStudio Glossary available that includes an alphabetical listing of pertinent Cincom ObjectStudio terms and their definitions—a very handy reference tool. To access the glossary, click here.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and Expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
Are you interested in viewing a presentation or video on a particular subject? We’re happy to report that thanks to the new Presentations section and Video section of the Cincom Smalltalk product website, it’s just gotten a whole lot easier to find what you’re looking for.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
There’s a lot going on in the world of Smalltalk these days, and we’re happy to present it to you. Click here to view the latest Smalltalk news courtesy of the Smalltalk Industry Council.
Click here to get Smalltalk news from the Cincom Smalltalk team.
Click here to view the latest news regarding STIC.
July 1-4 – Software Practice Advancement (SPA) Conference (London, UK)
Now in its 16th year, the annual BCS Software Practice Advancement (SPA) conference brings together experts and practitioners to share the latest thinking in software development. This year the conference will take place in the BCS London Offices, and will feature a session on “Living with Live Code.” Click here for the conference website.
July 4 – Gesellschaft für Informatik/ACM Workshop – Real-Time Collaboration (neue Wege in der Software-Entwicklung) Conference (Karlsruhe, Germany)
On July 4 in Karlsruhe, Germany, there will be a Gesellschaft für Informatik/ACM Workshop on Real-Time Collaboration (neue Wege in der Software-Entwicklung). Click here for more information (in German).
July 7 – Gesellschaft für Informatik/ACM Workshop – Wolf Pack Programming (Real-Time Collaboration selbst erleben) Conference (Karlsruhe, Germany)
On July 7 in Karlsruhe, Germany, there will be a Gesellschaft für Informatik/ACM Workshop on Wolf Pack Programming (Real-Time Collaboration selbst erleben). Click here to find out more about it (website is in German).
July 11-12 – Agile World Conference (Munich, Germany)
Agile World will take place in Munich, Germany on July 11-12, and will feature a workshop on “Wolf Pack Programming.” Click here for the conference website.
ESUG 2012 will be held at Gent, Belgium on August 27-31 with Camp Smalltalk preceding it on August 25-26. Click here for additional information.
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.