How do I install Cincom Smalltalk on Linux?
FAQ: Tips for Linux Linux Installation Tips
- On Linux x86/x86_64 on Cincom® VisualWorks® 8.3 PUL, the VMs are not installed in a typical install. They can be installed by choosing them manually on a custom install.
- Before installation with custom install, it should say “Components to Install.”
- Scroll down to the bottom and select VM Linux ….x86.
- Installing the contributed XFT and XFT-integration parcels shipped with the product. Based on feedback, this is the best current solution for fonts on Linux.
- The parcels can be found in the contributed directory.
- You can load these parcels from the launcher menu: System -> Load Parcel named, then type in xft and select. Use Ctrl select for multiple parcels.
Jeremy Jordan Changed status to publish September 23, 2019