How do I get help for issues on an older version of Cincom Smalltalk?
- First, check to see if your version of Cincom Smalltalk is out of support. For versions out of support, Cincom will make a reasonable effort to consult on usage or provide a work-around for problems on a reasonable effort, time and materials basis, if you are current on annual license-charge payments. All other support (e.g., patches or source changes) is no longer available.
- To view the Support Levels for both Cincom ObjectStudio and Cincom VisualWorks, click here.
- Additionally, finding help to this issue also involves giving the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team as much information as possible about the conditions of the error, including how the product is being used:
- Are you currently using Cincom Smalltalk through a VAR agreement outside of Cincom? If it’s through a VAR, you will need to contact your VAR representative for more details on how to proceed.
- Are you currently using Cincom Smalltalk under your standard license agreement with Cincom? If so, we suggest upgrading to a version of Cincom Smalltalk that supports whichever operating system you are currently using. More information on upgrading can be found here.
- Are you looking to increase your usage of Cincom Smalltalk beyond the current license agreement you are on? If so, we suggest contacting your account executive to discuss additional usage and the options you have available.