Don’t Lose Out on Budget Next Year. Use What You Have before It’s Too Late!
In “Five Tips for ‘Use It or Lose It’ Budgets,” Eric Thomas of CIO Insight discusses some ways that IT managers can improve the management of their budget processes. Eric talks about “use it or lose it” from his perspective:
“I often hear (the phrase ‘Use it or lose it”) from my clients. … The phrase relates to their IT budget; if they don’t spend their money in the current year, it goes away the following year. … The impact of ‘use it or lose it’ or, more aptly, ‘spend it or lose it’ is most acutely felt during the budgeting process.”
With only a few months before the end of the calendar year, do you have “use it or lose it” funds that you need to spend before the page turns to next year? As a Cincom Smalltalk customer or partner, here are a few quick ways in which you can spend that budget while improving the value and profitability of your company or application:
- Product Upgrades– Customers and partners shouldn’t risk a critical upgrade to a learn-as-you-go, in-house approach. Our senior consultants know the small, impossible-to-document steps that make the difference between an unresolved task and a completed process.
- Mentoring – It’s easy to learn the basics of installing and using Cincom Smalltalk. However, the most productive use of this sophisticated, pure, object-oriented application development suite is achieved best through customized mentoring that is developed to meet customer and partner needs at their level of experience.
- Troubleshooting– Whether it’s identifying and resolving a processing glitch or improving a performance drag, we have experts who can work with customers and partners remotely and/or safely masked on-site to re-create the problem and then provide an alternative, viable approach.
- Performance Enhancements – A performance-enhancement service reveals how a team is using Cincom Smalltalk, which aspects of the tool they are not using and how they could energize so many more existing capabilities. This service is shaped to meet specific customer and partner needs with defined objectives, clearly delineated areas to review and documented results and recommendations.
- Migrations– Our Services Team can move customer and partner application suites to the most productive Cincom Smalltalk programming environment, giving them fully scalable, web-based and client-server development enhancements.
- Proofs of Concept– If customers or partners are not sure whether Cincom® ObjectStudio® or Cincom VisualWorks is the tool they need, a proof-of-concept, using their own data and meeting their business goals, will provide that last element of confirmation.
So what are you waiting for? The clock’s ticking on your budget! Contact the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team right away to get the process started before it’s too late.
- Want to learn more? Check out this video from Suzanne Fortman, the Cincom Smalltalk Program Director and Engineering Manager as she discusses some ways to be fiscally responsible when spending your “use it or lose it” budget.