Adding a New Tool to Your Developer Tool Belt
Renowned psychologist and philosopher, Abraham Maslow, said,
“When the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.”
Katie Bouwkamp of the Course Report recently discussed this in more practical terms for the modern-day developer:
“Technology is emerging at an unprecedented pace, with new coding languages created every year to keep up with this rapid innovation. Believe it or not, there are currently more than 500 programming languages, and that number continues to rise! … So, here’s the million dollar question: Can someone really become a successful developer only knowing a single programming language?”
Katie then goes on to share four reasons why knowing more than one programming language is important:
- More tools to get the job done
- Pick and choose the jobs you love
- Increase your salary potential
- Don’t get left behind: Become a more versatile developer
While there may be certain jobs available for just one development language, most companies and jobs do require knowledge of multiple programming languages. So whether you already know several languages or are just now deciding to start your learning, having multiple tools in your tool belt will ultimately make you a more valuable developer.
We’ve seen a recent surge in our Personal Use License downloads as well as eager developers who are jumping on board and partnering with us through our REV Program. We want to offer those same opportunities to you:
- Try Cincom Smalltalk ─ A great opportunity to try Smalltalk! The Personal Use License of Cincom Smalltalk makes it easy for someone to learn and become familiar with our technology. The Personal Use License is free for you to use for your own private use. Curious? Click here to start exploring Cincom Smalltalk and all that it can do for you.
- Buy Cincom Smalltalk ─ A great opportunity to take your idea to the next level and create your own business! This popular program is an affordable investment of $500 that was created to give you a low-cost opportunity to partner with Cincom and receive all the benefits of being a customer. As a Cincom Smalltalk customer, you receive:
- Access to the full product and all releases for 1 year/12 months
- Full support for the product during the 1 year/12 months
- An opportunity to join the Developer Program to get early beta releases of our product to see where we are taking it and comment to help us build out the future of commercial Smalltalk
- An opportunity to join the Partner Promotion Program to promote your application, help you develop the right markets or find the smartest space to promote what you have been working on
Interested? Join the other entrepreneurs like you and get started in this very popular program today! Click here to start your partnership for only $500.