Smalltalk Digest: November Edition
Check This Out!
- Enhancing Our Products — Maintenance Releases of Cincom® ObjectStudio® and Cincom® VisualWorks® Now Available
- New Screencast — Cincom Product Manager Offers New “Launching VisualWorks” Screencast
- Meeting the Needs of Our Clients — Cincom Smalltalk Team Implements Platform Survey
- New Video Page — Cincom Smalltalk Video Page Now Available
- New YouTube Presence — Visit the Cincom Smalltalk and STIC YouTube Pages
- Availability of Information — New Release Information Readily Available on the Cincom Smalltalk Website
- Cincom ObjectStudio Tool — ObjectStudio Glossary Available
- Academia — The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- New Website Sections — New Presentations and Videos Sections Now Available
- Serving the Smalltalk Community — Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
Helpful Technical Information
- The Cincom Smalltalk “Tech Tips” Blog
- ProgressGrid – Fragmentation Tool Inspired Progress Visualization for Cincom ObjectStudio and Cincom VisualWorks
- Cincom ObjectStudio’s ProgressBarDialog
Smalltalk News Repositories
- Smalltalk News from the Smalltalk Industry Council
- Smalltalk News from the Cincom Smalltalk Team
- News Regarding STIC
- November 19-22, 2012 – Agile Testing Days
- November 29-30, 2012 – XP Days Benelux
- November 29 thru December 1, 2012 – XP Days Karlsruhe
- June 9-12, 2013 – STIC 2013
- Update on Smalltalk Events
We are pleased to announce that the maintenance releases of ObjectStudio and VisualWorks are now available for customers! Click here for more information.
Cincom Product Manager, Arden Thomas, is proud to offer a new screencast on the subject of “Launching VisualWorks.” To view the screencast, click here.
In an effort to better meet clients’ platform needs, the Cincom Smalltalk Team has created a survey to find out which platforms clients are running Cincom Smalltalk on now and which platforms they plan to run on in the future. Click here for more information.
There are a wide variety of Cincom Smalltalk videos out there including product videos, partner videos and customer videos. Now you can find them all in one convenient location. Click here to view the Cincom Smalltalk Video Page. Also, we’d like to bring to your attention a new video from ESUG’12 that’s now available. It’s the famous “Building a Business with Cincom Smalltalk” video that was made popular at STIC’12, which focuses on Business Process Analysis. Click here for the video on YouTube, or click here for the video on the Cincom Smalltalk website.
The Cincom Smalltalk product line is constantly being updated and improved upon. To help keep up-to-date, we have several locations on the Cincom Smalltalk website where anyone can find out the latest product improvements, changes and release information. Click here to find out the locations.
We’re pleased to let you know that there is now a Cincom ObjectStudio Glossary available that includes an alphabetical listing of pertinent Cincom ObjectStudio terms and their definitions—a very handy reference tool. To access the glossary, click here.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
Are you interested in viewing a presentation or video on a particular subject? We’re happy to report that thanks to the new Presentations section and Video section of the Cincom Smalltalk product website, it’s just gotten a whole lot easier to find what you’re looking for.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
Did you “techies” out there know that there’s a Cincom Smalltalk-related blog out there just for you? Click here to check it out.
In this article, Cincom Smalltalk Product Manager, Arden Thomas, explains how a defrag tool was his inspiration to make something else useful—a progress Window in Smalltalk. Click here to read Arden’s explanation, and click here to view the ProgressGrid screencast.
If you recall, in last month’s Cincom Smalltalk Digest, we looked at the Marquee Dialog. This month we’d like to present the ProgressBarDialog. Click here.
There’s a lot going on in the world of Smalltalk these days, and we’re happy to present it to you. Click here to view the latest Smalltalk news courtesy of the Smalltalk Industry Council.
Click here to get Smalltalk news from the Cincom Smalltalk team.
Click here to view the latest news regarding STIC.
“Extending Continuous Integration and TDD with Continuous Testing.” The 4th edition of Europe’s greatest agile event, Agile Testing Days, will take place in Potsdam, Germany on November 19-22. Click here to find out who should attend, what to expect, and to stay updated on the event.
“Living with Live Code.” XP Days Benelux will take place on November 29-30 at Heeze, Netherlands. This is an international conference about Agile methods, intended for people from all walks of life who are involved with IT. Click here for more information.
“Real-Time Collaboration – eine Kostprobe.” XP Days Karlsruhe will take place on November 29 through December 1 at Karlsruhe, Germany. Click here for the website, which is in German.
STIC 2013 will be held on June 9-12, 2013 at the Wigwam Resort in Litchfield Park (Phoenix), Arizona. Click here for additional information.
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.