Even experienced Smalltalkers need help from time to time!
You don’t need to go it alone. Call Cincom Professional Services – your performance partner with over 40 years of maximizing productivity through services and support. You can contact Jim Hazel, Manager, Cincom Consulting Services, at (513) 612-2118.
- For an example of success that can be achieved with Cincom Professional Services, click here.
Don’t risk a critical upgrade to a learn-as-you-go, in-house approach. Our senior consultants know the small, impossible-to-document steps that make the difference between an unresolved task and a completed process.
Whether you have been successfully using Cincom® ObjectStudio® or Cincom® VisualWorks®, an assessment of the environment, interfacing systems and available resources provides you with a reliable estimate of effort and cost for the upgrade itself, and includes a report on your Cincom Smalltalk application environment and the steps needed to upgrade to the current product release.
It’s easy to learn the basics of installing and using Cincom Smalltalk. However, the most productive use of this sophisticated, pure object-oriented application development suite is achieved best through customized mentoring that is developed to meet your needs at your level of experience.
Whether it’s identifying and resolving a processing glitch or improving a performance drag, we have experts who can work with you remotely and/or on-site to re-create the problem and then provide an alternative viable approach.
Cincom Smalltalk development environments provide a wide range of functionality. But we human beings tend to lock in the capabilities we know and miss out on the performance ability of those dimensions of the tool we don’t know.
A performance-enhancement service reveals how a team is using Cincom Smalltalk, which aspects of the tool they are not using and how they could energize so many more existing capabilities.
This service is shaped to meet specific customer needs with defined objectives, clearly delineated areas to review and documented results and recommendations.
Cincom Services can move your application suite to the most productive Cincom Smalltalk programming environment, giving you fully scalable, web-based and client-server development enhancements.
Not sure if ObjectStudio or VisualWorks is the tool you need? An on-site proof-of-concept using your data and meeting your business goals will provide that last element of confirmation. There are four key ingredients in any successful proof-of-concept:
- A defined limited scope of effort – Large enough to provide the confirmation you seek but small enough to not waste time or resources.
- A project plan with established success criteria – The proof will be conducted like a mini project with clearly predefined and agreed-upon success criteria, ensuring that at project completion, the tool meets your goals.
- Committed resources – From you, the customer and Cincom Services. By working together, you will experience the power of the tool firsthand.
- Committed time and dollars – Deciding on a tool to achieve business success requires a serious effort.
Transitioning from Envy to Store
Whether in conjunction with a full product upgrade or separately, we will transition your application from using Envy to the newer, more complete Cincom Smalltalk source code control solution and provide initial training on the tool for your staff.