Here are some of the highlights of Cincom® ObjectStudio®:
- Powerful Object Modeling
The ObjectStudio modeling tool integrates the design of complex business objects generation, presenting a high-level, businesslike interface that delivers user-friendly tools for working with objects. The object-modeling tool supports case analysis, event diagramming, CRC cards and notations, including UML and Coad/Yourdon.
- Automated Code Generation
Using ObjectStudio, an application moves from the design stage to completion much faster than with traditional tools. The ObjectStudio modeling tool can modify and maintain applications more quickly and easily because class hierarchies and object relationships can be arranged graphically, without coding. Simply make changes to the model and then let the modeling tool generate the code automatically.
- Round-Trip Engineering
Once an application is rolled-out, it is difficult for new users to understand the complex functionality. With ObjectStudio, any changes to the model are automatically reflected in the code. This means that you always have access to a current business model of the application. Using a current visual, and easy-to understand model, your business analysts, training and support team, and IT staff can better understand your complex enterprise applications and be productive in less time.
- Robust Object Mapping
The ObjectStudio mapping tool provides visual, drag-and-drop tools for linking objects to databases. The Object Relational Mapper uses the resulting object mapping definitions to make application connections to an object database, without requiring any SQL code written into the application. This allows the developer to concentrate on objects without worrying about the details of the database implementation. This is done automatically.
- Strong Database and Legacy Applications Integration
ObjectStudio supports the native API of the major industry-standard databases. This means you can use the latest features of your database. With faster performance throughput and less coding, your development team does not have to be familiar with the complicated database API. ObjectStudio automatically integrates into the database for you. This means less training and better application performance over generic gateways like ODBC.
ObjectStudio is now supporting more core features of Oracle:
- Array Binding (click here for more specifics)
- Large Object Support (click here for more specifics)
- Statement Caching (click here for more specifics)
- Prefetch Data – coming soon! (click here for more specifics)
- Communication Standards and Multiple Access
In addition, ObjectStudio is open to many communication standards and its multiple access and interface capabilities make integration easier between new application-developed legacy applications and desktop environments.
Store is the version control system of choice for ObjectStudio. It has been improved in many ways:
- Cleaner, clearer support for multiple repositories.
- A tool interface for defining and changing package/bundle properties, including prerequisites.
- Much improved database access speed.
- Improved tool-level reporting to the developer of repository connections.
- Enhanced usability when extending/overriding classes from other packages.
- Ability to manipulate bundles within the repository without loading them.
- Increased usability and robustness.
- Ability to save ancillary files with a Smalltalk package in the repository.
- Faster load times.
To learn more about Store, click here.
- Hardware and Software Environments
- Compatible with Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Supported Standards
- ActiveX and OCX
- Supported Databases
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Sybase SQL Server
- UniSQL Server
- Cincom® SUPRA® SQL Server