Supported v. Unsupported Components
- Aida/Web—Aida/Web is a Smalltalk Web Framework and Application Server.
- COAST—The COAST Framework facilitates the development of synchronous cooperative applications (synchronous groupware), allowing a group of users to work jointly and simultaneously on shared data (such as a document).
- Swazoo—Swazoo is an open source, vendor-agnostic, dialect-neutral Smalltalk web server with resource and web request resolution framework.
- StMath/StCAD—StCAD is a framework for 3D motion simulation.
- BottomFeeder—BottomFeeder is an RSS/Atom News Aggregator.
NOTE: Bottomfeeder will not work in Cincom® VisualWorks® 8.0 or after.
- BugTraffic—A game for simulating city traffic using insects.
- Chronos—The Chronos Date/Time Library (Beta version).
- DoME (Domain Modeling Environment)—An extensible collection of integrated model-editing, meta-modeling, and analysis tools.
- EmoteSupport—EmotSupport adds Emoticons (like the ones in AIM, etc). In the Typeless IRC client, text emoticons become images with the support of that package.
- EncryptedSettings—EncryptedSettings adds optional encryption to XML files used for storing settings.
- Heeg—Miscellaneous components, tools created in different commercial and research projects provided by Georg Heeg eK.
- HotDraw—HotDraw is a framework for building structured, 2D drawing editors. Originally implemented by John Brant.
- InterBase—The InterBase/Firebird Connect provides access to InterBase (version 6.x) and Firebird (version 0.9.x and higher) databases.
- JNIPort—JNIPort is a Smalltalk library which allows Java code to be invoked from Smalltalk. It acts as a bridge between the world of Smalltalk objects and a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) where Java code is executing.
- Jun for Smalltalk—A 3D multimedia graphics library that supports topology and geometry.
- LDAP—LDAP is a software development kit for Smalltalk.
- Moose—Moose is an environment for re-engineering object-oriented systems. It provides a FAMIX language independent meta-model for Smalltalk, C/C++, Java, and Ada; multiple models repository; metrics; XMI and CDIF input/output; grouping; querying; navigation; analysis and integration tools.
- NetResources—NetResources provides a simple API for accessing content via URIs.
- Silt—Silt is a blog server implementation for VW 7.x. The SSP files needed by the server are in the directory <sources>.
- SIXX—SIXX is a generic XML serializer written in Smalltalk. Currently, the library is ported to Cincom Visualworks, Squeak, and Dolphin Smalltalk. You can store and load Smalltalk objects in a portable, dialect-independent XML format.
- Spy—Spy consists of Smalltalk profiler tools and a code analysis framework.
- StackOverflow—The StackOverflow tool is used to monitor all processes in the system. If a process has jumped far beyond the stack depth of a normal process, it will halt the process with a message of ”stack overflow” to allow the developer to check if the code is correct or not.
- StarBrowser—The Star Browser allows you to browse the Smalltalk environment and classify anything you encounter while doing so.
- T-Gen—A parser generator for Cincom Visualworks.
- ThreePaneSelectorsBrowser—The ThreePaneSelectorsBrowser package enhances ”Implementors for Selector…” and ”Senders for Selector…” in the VisualWorks System Browser. Instead of a single dialog that prompts for a selector and shows you the first match, this package opens up a three pane browser that allows you to change the search criteria by altering the input text box.
- UML—UML is the Joops UML framework and includes the Rational Rose tool.
- VRGoodies—VR Goodies is a collection of goodies put together by James Robertson over the last 15 years.
- WebInterfaces—WebInterfaces is a collection of goodies put together by James Robertson to support BottomFeeder, the Facebook interface, the Tumblr interface, and the Twitter interface. Also included: The interfaces to Tumblr, Facebook, and Twitter.
- WikiWorks—WikiWorks is a Wiki for Cincom VisualWorks.