BREAKING NEWS: Cincom® ObjectStudio® 9.3 and Cincom® VisualWorks® 9.3 Are Here!
We are pleased to announce to our valued customers and partners the current version of Cincom Smalltalk™. This release includes the releases of Cincom ObjectStudio 9.3 and Cincom VisualWorks 9.3.
Cincom is a market leader in commercial Smalltalk. Cincom Smalltalk enhances the value and ease of use of application development software, web application development tools and deployment environments. Developers looking for custom Windows® applications will find ObjectStudio as the ideal choice. When enterprise-level, multilingual, cross-platform custom application development is required, VisualWorks is the perfect solution.
Cincom Smalltalk Foundation and the core libraries are shared by ObjectStudio and VisualWorks. This means that foundation enhancements benefit both products. It is worth noting that, beginning with release 9.0, ObjectStudio and VisualWorks now share a release number. Customers and Cincom can discuss, compare and track both products because they share a foundation of work.
Where Can I Get This Release?
We’re pleased to offer this opportunity to request the release of Cincom Smalltalk 9.3 to our valued customers and partners through our Customer Product Request Form (link).
PLEASE NOTE: Our order process has been updated, and we no longer offer auto-ship.
- New Tabbing System for Tools
- Organize and simplify your development windows.
- Add, re-order and close tabs with one click.
- Drag to new window or another window.
- Works much like Web Browser tabs.
- New Tabbing System for Applications
- Use the tab enhancements for your applications.
- TLS 1.3 Support on Windows
- Enhanced Certificate management
- Including Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
- SASL authentication with PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL binary connection API
Cincom ObjectStudio 9.3
- Next-Generation User Interface Builder Preview
- Advanced interactive widget layout
- Uses the Next Generation Widgets.
- Uses legacy builder for legacy framework.
Cincom VisualWorks 9.3
- Apple ARM (M1, M2) CPUs supported.
- MacOS Dark Mode
To learn more about these new releases, please see the product release notes. The release notes contain new feature descriptions and descriptions of the ARs and support resolutions that were addressed.
If we can assist you in any way, please contact the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team here.