Quantitative and Technical Analysis Using Smalltalk
Arden Thomas, the Cincom Smalltalk Product Manager, created a series of screencasts that serve as an introduction to Quantitative Analysis (QA)—a technique for understanding behavior that uses mathematical and statistical modeling, measurement and research. This screencast series demonstrates how to perform Quantitative Analysis as well as create charts and indicators in Cincom Smalltalk. In addition, this series showed how to create algorithms and interactive charts.
Who May Be Interested?
If you have ever wanted to:
- Learn how to do technical or quantitative analysis on stocks
- Tweak and explore algorithms
- Build or experiment with your own charting system
- Learn a powerful language
- Have some working examples for a starting point
… this screencast series may be of great interest.
On our website, you can find more information about Quantitative Analysis.
Here are the topics that are covered in the introductory series to get you started quickly:
- Quantitative Gems Introduction – Welcome!
- Product Installation – Installing the PUL (Personal Use License of Cincom Smalltalk)
- Loading the Example Code1
- Getting Initial Stock and Index Component Data
- An Example Setup
- Jay Momentum 1
- Jay Momentum 1V2
In these insightful screencasts, you will also learn how to:
- Do some basic number analysis on stock data series
- Write code to create indicators using some current article examples
- Build charts that you can use and customize