Session One: Learning the X’s and O’s with Smalltalk Support
Expert coaching done the right way with Cincom Smalltalk Support.
What’s the difference between therapy and coaching? Therapy dwells on the past in order for a person to understand how they came to be where they are in the present. Coaching assesses where you are in the present and maps a way for you to reach the goals you want.
Which sounds more interesting to be involved with? Coaching is our guess, and guess what? Cincom Smalltalk Support is a key place to start receiving coaching on how to move forward from an old release to the latest Cincom Smalltalk release.
Coaching Session One: One way to start moving forward is to do a little bit of self-study with the release notes.
- Cincom Smalltalk Foundation 9.2
- Store merging enhancements
- Browser subset infrastructure added
- UIPainter undo/redo support
- HTML tagging support
- HTML and CSS Syntax highlighting
- Web Assets tab in browser
- Enhanced external encryption
- New external encryption support for MacOS (NW-Plugin)
- TLS-Plugin now standard (TLS removed)
- TLS connections with PostgreSQL
- SASL authentication with PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL binary connection API
- Cincom ObjectStudio 9.2
- Next Generation User Interface
- Windows National Language support
- COVID-19 Data Visualization demo using ObjectStudio NGUI
- Timestamped image file
- CSV data explorer tool
- Heat map graph type with examples
- Box Plot graph type with examples
- Choropleth (Map) graph type with examples
- Cincom VisualWorks 9.2
- GUI infrastructure work for VisualWorks and tools
- GUI layout improvements
- VisualControl widget updates
To learn more about these new releases, please see the product release notes and bug fix files. The release notes contain new feature descriptions and changes, and the bug fix files list the ARs addressed.
Not sure where to find them?
ObjectStudio’s release notes are found in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cincom\ObjectStudio9.2\ObjectStudio\manuals\Docs” and the bug-fix list is found in the ObjectStudio directory’s “Readme.txt” file. The VisualWorks release notes and bug-fix list are found in the “VW9.2\doc” directory (“ReleaseNotes9.2.pdf” and “Fixed_Ars.txt”)
So a little reading can go a long way toward a smoother, less-frustrating upgrade. When you need further clarification, just contact Cincom Smalltalk Support.
We hope this coaching session was of value to you.
Let’s get connected so we can coach you on your journey to the latest Cincom Smalltalk release. We look forward to hearing from you. Just contact us via:
- Cincom SupportWeb® for immediate support.
- HelpNA@cincom.com and EuroTSC@cincom.com to file new support cases.
You can reach the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team at CSSTARTeam@cincom.com if you have any further questions.