Looking for Cincom Smalltalk Resources?
We have our customer, partner and user resources, programs and product information listed here.
- Customer Product Request Form
- The Cincom Discovery Zone for Customer and Partner Services
- Product Upgrades
- Performance Enhancements
- Proofs of Concept
- Customer Support
- Cincom SupportWeb®
- Cincom Smalltalk Resolutions Portal
- Customer Education Services
- Cincom Smalltalk Store Repository
- Contributed Components
- To help developers find, understand, appreciate and utilize your contributed work, please use the guidelines for the final documentation of your contributed work here.
- If you have created something you think would be of value and interest to other Smalltalk developers or could help attract new users to Smalltalk, please apply with the new Contributed Application Form here.
- Reserved NameSpaces
- Our customer, partner and developer programs
- Links to participate in product management mini surveys
- Cincom Smalltalk Resolutions – Subscriber-based, Support-led, monthly newsletter to customers.
- Social Media:
- Product Tutorials – As new users begin their journeys with Cincom Smalltalk, it’s important to know where to start and have a helpful guide along the way. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive list of online video tutorials that help beginners use our products right away. Cincom Smalltalk product tutorials give examples with live coding and are designed to help users become productive with the Cincom Smalltalk suite of products. Our tutorials are divided into three sections:
- Common Tools – Many of the tools used for development in Cincom ObjectStudio and Cincom VisualWorks are now commonly shared through the Cincom Smalltalk Foundation, making some of our tutorials applicable for either product.
- Cincom ObjectStudio – These tutorials demonstrate various steps in the installation and first usage of ObjectStudio. ObjectStudio is an ideal solution for developing custom applications for Windows®. Known as the “business person’s thinking tool” and based on the powerful Smalltalk language, ObjectStudio provides a powerhouse development environment, which is necessary to create innovative applications that capture complex business models and processes.
- Cincom VisualWorks – Similar to the ObjectStudio videos, these tutorials demonstrate various steps in the installation and first usage of VisualWorks. VisualWorks is the premiere Smalltalk environment and is an ideal solution for enterprise-class, multilingual, cross-platform application development and allows users to build with superior development tools.
- Hidden Gems Screencasts – Screencasts that are tips and tricks of using Cincom Smalltalk, demonstrating how to be successful with our products.
- Tools Series – The Tools Series explores some tools and product features that developers should find useful.
- Techniques Series – The Technique Series shows various techniques of how to accomplish or solve different tasks such as automating image build to creating a custom parser.
- ValueModel Series – The ValueModel Series shows the principles, capabilities and use of the powerful ValueModel framework.
- DomainMaster Series – The DomainMaster Series introduces an application framework that leverages the principles of the ValueModel to make application development easier, faster, capable and reliable.
- Persistence Series – The Persistence Series shows multiple techniques of how to save and load objects to disk, where using a full database might be overkill or unwieldy.
- Collections Series – The Collection Series shows some lesser-known collections that may be beneficial for your collections toolbox.
- Frequently Asked Questions (How Do I … ?) – A knowledge base of questions that our Product Team gets asked most often. Most of these questions start with, “How do I … ?” so we labeled this area the “How Do I … ?” section. It is filled with questions from a variety of subjects about our products—from installation to specific uses in different platforms.
Reach out to the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team at CSSTARTeam@cincom.com if you have any further questions or comments.