How Can Cincom Better Communicate with the Cincom Smalltalk Community and You?
In a recent Cincom Smalltalk Digest article, we mentioned how comments from strangers, tire kickers, curious onlookers and fresh eyes at recent conferences and meetups have changed the thinking of the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team regarding how we can improve our communication to attract and secure new users and build out our Customer Success programs with existing customers and partners. The sessions, meetups and events we attend are very important to us for attracting strangers to Smalltalk and growing the Smalltalk community.
However, just because we are putting a focus on improving the communication to those who are strangers to Cincom Smalltalk, it doesn’t mean we are forgetting our valuable customers and partners. We are currently working to improve all areas of our communication and want to make sure you, and others at your organization, are aware of all the mediums that are available so we can continuing helping our customers be successful. After all, your success is our success.
Are there others in your company who are using Cincom Smalltalk or working with Cincom who could benefit by receiving communication from us, as well? How can we best communicate with you and your organization? Would a quarterly meeting with members from our product team be beneficial? What about a strategy session to learn more about your market or to create a joint marketing campaign? Is there a particular topic for a mini-survey you’d like to suggest to get more insight into how others are using Cincom Smalltalk?
For your reference, here’s a rundown of the various ways we currently communicate, as well as some of the resources we have available for you:
- Cincom Smalltalk Twitter
- Cincom Smalltalk Facebook
- Cincom Smalltalk YouTube
- Cincom Smalltalk Website – The landing page for all things Cincom Smalltalk. Here, you can find information about our products; forms to receive full releases and maintenance releases of our products; all of our customer, partner and developer programs; links to participate in product management mini-surveys and places to subscribe to our valuable series of newsletters (links below).
- Cincom Smalltalk Resolutions – Subscriber-based, monthly newsletter to customers.
- Cincom Smalltalk Digest – Subscriber-based, monthly newsletter that is an index which highlights recent news, events and product information on our website.
- Hidden Gems Screencasts – Provides useful insight for customers, partners and prospects into the abilities of the products that may not be obvious, and demonstrates how to be successful with our products.
- Product Tutorials – How-to screencasts to help users get from A to B faster. (We like to think of “A to B” as “App to Business.”) These are visual tools that make it easy to be successful with our products.
- How Do I? (FAQs) – A knowledge base of questions that our Product Team gets asked most often. Most of these questions start with, “How do I … ?” so we labeled this area the “How Do I … ?” section. It is filled with questions from a variety of subjects about our products—from installation to specific uses in different platforms.
Feel free to share that list with your colleagues and send us your feedback because we’d love to hear from you. We know everyone gathers information in different ways. We truly want to communicate as effectively as we possibly can. Feel free to reach out to the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team at CSSTARTeam@cincom.com with your ideas or with others who may need to hear from us.