BREAKING NEWS: Cincom Smalltalk™ Maintenance Release Now Available!
Cincom® ObjectStudio® 8.9.1 and Cincom® VisualWorks® 8.3.1 Are Here!
It is our pleasure to bring you the current version of Cincom Smalltalk. This release includes the releases of Cincom ObjectStudio 8.9.1 and Cincom VisualWorks 8.3.1.
Cincom is the leading provider of commercial Smalltalk in the world. Cincom Smalltalk adds value and simplicity to application development software, web application development tools and deployment environments. ObjectStudio is an ideal solution for developing custom applications for Windows® while VisualWorks is the ideal solution for enterprise-level, multilingual, cross-platform, custom application development.
Both ObjectStudio and VisualWorks share the same core libraries and foundation, which means foundation improvements improve both products. The current releases of Cincom ObjectStudio 8.9.1 and Cincom VisualWorks 8.3.1 are maintenance releases and contain fixes and improvements to the last major releases. Recent major releases include:
What’s in This Release
- Cincom Smalltalk Foundation
- Help2 (based on DITA-XML standards and Text2)
- HTTP/2 protocol support
- ODBC3 support and more in our foundation, which serves both products
- Cincom ObjectStudio 8.9
- Enhancements for the Next-Generation User Interface (NGUI)
- Many refinements
- ObjectStudio also shares a foundation library and VM, as well as many of the same improvements as VisualWorks.
- Cincom VisualWorks 8.3
- UI Skinning color enhancements
- OS X retina support
- OS X graphics performance improvements
- OS X 64 VM
- Linux PPC 64 VM
- In preview are
- “Classic Skins” to assist application upgrades
- Windows HiDef support
- 64-bit permspace, VMs for AIX64 and Linux Arm for Raspberry Pi
For these new releases, hundreds of action requests (ARs) were addressed in the foundation used by both products.
To learn more about these new releases, please see the product release notes. The release notes contain new feature descriptions and descriptions of the ARs and support resolutions that were addressed. You can request media or an FTP transfer of the product. For other options, please speak with your account manager.
If we can assist you in any way, please contact us here.