Smalltalk Digest: March Edition
The March edition of Smalltalk Digest is available now.
Check This Out!
- Gathering Information — Cincom Smalltalk Product Management Conducts Next Mini Survey — Widgets
- Conference Planning — STIC’13 Pricing Information
- Focusing on the Customer — New Cincom Smalltalk Customer Portal
- Major Changes — Enter BPA 2.0: Intelligent Business Operations
- Watch It! — Visit the Cincom Smalltalk and STIC Social Media Sites
- Availability of Information — New Product Information Readily Available on the Cincom Smalltalk Website
- Academia — The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- Serving the Smalltalk Community — Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
Cincom Corporate Information
- Cincom Total™ ERP Natively Developed on Microsoft Dynamics® AX
- University of Louisville Recognized as Entrepreneurial Champion for Third Consecutive Year at University of Cincinnati Spirit of Enterprise Competition Hosted by Cincom
Helpful Technical Information
- DB2 Unicode Support in Cincom® ObjectStudio® and Cincom® VisualWorks®
- SiouX: New Framework to Build HTTP Servers
Smalltalk News Repositories
- March 31, 2013 – STIC’13 Early, Early Bird Registration Deadline
- April 30, 2013 – STIC’13 Early Bird Registration Deadline
- June 8, 2013 – STIC’13 Advanced Registration Deadline
- June 9-12, 2013 – The Smalltalk Industry Conference (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Update on Smalltalk Events
Smalltalk Job Opportunities
As reported previously, the Cincom Smalltalk Team is creating a series of mini surveys to get feedback and to obtain requirements from customers in a more timely manner. The topic of this month’s mini survey is “widgets.” Click here to access the Cincom Smallalk Customer Survey Page where you can access this month’s survey. We look forward to hearing your comments!
STIC 2013 will be held on June 9-12, 2013 at the Wigwam Resort in Litchfield Park (Phoenix), Arizona, and we hope to see you there. To view information on pricing for various sponsorship levels as well as participation fees and deadlines, click here.
There’s nothing more important to the Cincom Smalltalk team than its customers. Therefore, we now have a portal on the Cincom Smalltalk website that’s devoted solely to making available information that may be useful to our valued customers. Click here to check it out.
“Big data” is increasingly becoming a critical competitive differentiator for companies that know how to use predictive analytics to optimize business decisions. Accordingly, Business Process Analysis is undergoing major changes. Click here for this informative article.
There are a wide variety of places where you’ll find Cincom Smalltalk and STIC on the web. You can find Cincom Smalltalk videos by clicking here. Also, Cincom Smalltalk and the Smalltalk Industry Council have their very own YouTube pages. To check out the Cincom Smalltalk YouTube page, click here. To view the STIC YouTube page, click here.
The Cincom Smalltalk product line is constantly being updated and improved upon. To help keep up-to-date, we have several locations on the Cincom Smalltalk website where anyone can find out the latest product improvements, changes and release information. Click here to find out the locations.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
Cincom’s successful relationship with Microsoft continues. At the recent Microsoft Convergence 2013 conference, Cincom announced the launch of its new enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, Cincom Total, natively developed within the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform. Click here for the official press release.
Four medical diagnostic entrepreneurs from the University of Louisville were awarded $10,000 by Cincom CEO, Tom Nies, for their non-invasive screening tool that’s used to detect lung cancer. This marks the University of Louisville’s third consecutive year as being named Spirit of Enterprise champions. Click here to read more.
In this article from Smalltalk Engineer, Yuwei Li, we learn about DB2 Unicode Support in ObjectStudio and VisualWorks, including DB2 Unicode Support Examples. Click here for the article.
This article discusses the Sioux Server—a new framework for developing Web servers. Click here to read all about it.
Click here to get Smalltalk news from the Cincom Smalltalk team.
Click here to view the latest news regarding STIC.
There’s a lot going on in the world of Smalltalk these days, and we’re happy to present it to you. Click here to view the latest Smalltalk news courtesy of the Smalltalk Industry Council.
The early, early bird registration deadline for STIC 2013 is March 31. Those who are hoping to save on the cost of the conference should be sure to register right away! Click here.
The early bird registration deadline for STIC 2013 is April 30. You’ve still got some time to save on the cost of the conference, but don’t wait too long! Click here.
The advanced registration deadline for STIC 2013 is June 8. Click here for more information.
STIC 2013 will be held on June 9-12, 2013 at the Wigwam Resort in Litchfield Park (Phoenix), Arizona. Click here for additional information.
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.
Are you interested in a Smalltalk-related job? The Smalltalk Jobs Blog posts Smalltalk-related career opportunities from around the globe. Click here to see what’s available.