Cincom Smalltalk™ Support—Dedicated to Making the New Fiscal Year Even Better
Cincom has just completed its 43rd year, and it’s starting a brand-new one. It is at this time that we take a look at how to we can make this new year even better. We’d like to start the new year off by letting you know about the resources that are available for supporting Cincom Smalltalk.
Cincom SupportWeb® – SupportWeb.cincom.com
Cincom SupportWeb is designed to help you answer your product- and usage-related questions about Cincom products. It’s your link to some of the same information Cincom’s Product Support personnel use to answer questions and solve problems. It is available virtually 24 hours each day.
Cincom SupportWeb allows you to do the following:
- Search for problem resolutions and fixes
- Submit new problem cases and track the status of your company’s cases
- Enter messages or information for Cincom support personnel
- View your customer profile information and update your company’s contacts
- Access Cincom’s FTP site to download fixes
Cincom SupportWeb is provided free of charge to Cincom customers who are authorized to use Cincom Support.
Smalltalk Resolutions Portal
The Resolutions portal was implemented with the Smalltalk community in mind. This site is useful for folks who are just trying out Smalltalk or for more experienced customers. It is a more direct way to search and review technical solutions that are available for multiple versions of Cincom® ObjectStudio® and Cincom® VisualWorks®. No login ID is required on this site; however, a customer ID and password are required to download technical solutions that are mentioned in the resolution descriptions. Downloads are obtained via SupportWeb.cincom.com. smalltalk.cincom.com/ResolutionsApplication/CincomResolutionsPortal
Customers have the option to submit a support request by e-mail, phone or fax. Supplying your name, e-mail address, phone number and customer ID information along with the request will eliminate unnecessary delays in responding to your request.
North America/South America
- Fax: (513) 612-2000Attn: Cincom Support
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (513) 612-2720
- Fax: +44 (0)1628 542210 Attn: Cincom Support
- E-mail: EuroTSC@cincom.com
- Phone: +44(0)1628 542200
Commercial customers and those of you who are holding a Cincom Smalltalk Personal Use License (PUL) can receive support from a community of users who subscribe to a user group monitored by the University of Illinois Computer Science team members. To subscribe or unsubscribe to the VWNC mailing list, use one of the following options:
- email@example.com Subject: subscribe
- firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: unsubscribe
- email@example.com Subject: help
As always, Happy Smalltalking!