UPDATED: ESUG 2011 Innovation Technology Awards
Have you written innovative Smalltalk? If so, you might consider entering the 8th Innovation Technology Awards competition. Developers of any Smalltalk-based software can enter by submitting a three- to five-minute video of their software. Entrants will demo their systems in a session on Monday, August 22 2011, after which the conference attendees will cast their votes, which consist of providing a sorted list of three preferred pieces of software.
The top three teams who are considered to have the most innovative software will receive, respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros. The results will be announced at the Awards ceremony, which will be held during the social event.
Applicants should provide the following information on the conference registration server. Once you have registered your personal info, an “Awards” menu allows you to submit your software. You can provide this information when you first register, or log in again later and update your details.
The information you’ll need to provide includes:
- The name of the software
- License information (free, shareware or commercial)
- Name of the Smalltalk dialect used
- Names, affiliation and country of developer’s URL for a video (three to five minutes) showing a screencast/demo of the software
- URL for downloading the software or at least a demo that is capable of being run
- THE NEW DEADLINE is August 15, 2011.
- Any Smalltalker can apply (students, companies, etc.).
- The presented piece of code/software should be written in Smalltalk, or it must directly support Smalltalk (e.g., Smalltalk VM).
- All Smalltalk dialects are accepted.
- The applicant should own the copyright/copyleft of presented code or at least be the official representative of the copyright/copyleft owner.
- The software should be available online for evaluation (time-limited evaluation version, demo version, free for non-commercial use, etc.).
For more information, visit http://esug.org/Conferences/2011/InnovationTechnologyAwards.