Quick Start Guide to Object-Oriented Programming in Smalltalk
This guide gives prospects what they need to know to get up and running, create and talk to objects, and even build a fun interactive graphic game, in little time!
For prospects who are new to object-oriented programming or those who have always wanted to try the magic of Smalltalk but don’t have lots of time to invest, we are introducing a Smalltalk “Quick Start” guide.
Below are links to videos that will give users most of what they need to get their Smalltalk programming journeys started quickly:
- Quick Start Introduction– Overview of the Quick Start course
- Object-Oriented Programming Primer– A quick introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Smalltalk Language Primer– A brief introduction to the Smalltalk language, giving you the parts you need to start programming in Smalltalk
- Installing and Running Smalltalk– Installing and starting the product
- Running Smalltalk Expressions– Start the product and get familiar with:
- Running Smalltalk expressions
- Creating “immediate” objects
- Sending messages to objects
- Build the Customer Class/Browser Introduction– Use the Smalltalk Browser to:
- Create a package
- Create the Customer class
- Build class and instance methods
- Create a customer instance and send messages to it
- Use the “interactive coding” feature of Smalltalk
- Build the Fifteen Puzzle Application!