Cincom® ObjectStudio® 9.2 and Cincom® VisualWorks® 9.2 Are Here!
We are pleased to announce to our valued customers and partners the current version of Cincom Smalltalk™. This release includes the releases of Cincom ObjectStudio 9.2 and Cincom VisualWorks 9.2.
Cincom is the market leader in commercial Smalltalk. Cincom Smalltalk enhances the value and ease-of-use of tools for enterprise-level client and web applications. Developers looking for custom Windows® applications will find ObjectStudio as the ideal choice. When cross-platform custom application development is required, VisualWorks is the perfect solution.
The Cincom Smalltalk Foundation and the core libraries are shared by ObjectStudio and VisualWorks. This means that foundation enhancements benefit both products. It is worth noting that beginning with release 9.0, ObjectStudio and VisualWorks now share a release number. Customers and Cincom can discuss, compare and track both products because they share a foundation of work.
Where Can I Get This Release?
We’re pleased to offer this opportunity to request the release of Cincom Smalltalk 9.2 to our valued customers and partners through our Customer Product Request Form here.
NOTE: Should you have any questions or problems accessing the request form above, please contact your Sales Account Manager or Cincom Smalltalk Support.
What’s in This Release?
The current releases of Cincom ObjectStudio 9.2 and Cincom VisualWorks 9.2 are major releases. Changes include:
Cincom Smalltalk Foundation 9.2
- Store merging enhancements
- Browser subset infrastructure added
- UIPainter undo/redo support
- HTML tagging support
- HTML and CSS syntax highlighting
- Web Assets tab in browser
- Enhanced external encryption
- New external encryption support for MacOS (NW-Plugin)
- TLS-Plugin now standard (TLS removed)
- TLS connections with PostgreSQL
- SASL authentication with PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL binary connection API
Cincom ObjectStudio 9.2
- Next Generation User Interface
- Windows National Language support
- COVID-19 Data Visualization demo using ObjectStudio NGUI
- Backup image file saved on unattended Windows restart
- CSV data explorer tool
- Heat map graph type with examples
- Box Plot graph type with examples
- Choropleth (Map) graph type with examples
Cincom VisualWorks 9.2
- GUI infrastructure work for VisualWorks and tools
- GUI layout improvements
- VisualControl widget updates
To learn more about these new releases, please see the product release notes. The release notes contain new feature descriptions and descriptions of the ARs and support resolutions that were addressed.
If we can assist you in any way, please contact the Cincom Smalltalk Product Team here.
Interested in receiving monthly updates on patches for Cincom Smalltalk? Subscribe to the Cincom Smalltalk Resolutions newsletter here.