What Developers Want
We get a wide-range of requests from many kinds of developers. After tabulating this data over the years, it’s clear what the overwhelming majority are seeking. In order to make it easier to find on our website, we wanted to make a list here on this page. What developers have expressed the most interest in are the screencasts, podcasts and the videos.
“I’m a developer who doesn’t know Smalltalk that well.”
“I know Smalltalk, but not much about Cincom Smalltalk.”
“I really don’t need your help. I can find my own way.”
- Cincom Smalltalk Media Request
- Smalltalk Daily
- Cincom Smalltalk Media Request – You can request a copy of Cincom Smalltalk that you can use to explore your ideas, and then sign a license with Cincom only when you plan to go into production.
- The Cincom Smalltalk Developer Program – interested in getting access to the latest builds from engineering on a weekly basis? Need to make sure your projects will work with the latest and greatest? Then get involved in the developer program. You’ll need to fill out an NDA and join the mailing list.
- Interested in WebVelocity and Seaside? Learn why you might want to take a look at them if you’re a Ruby on Rails fan.
- Public Store Repository – You have Guest access (read only) already, username and password <guest>. If you want write access, then register for an account here.
- Load the interface for Facebook from the public repository and see how Smalltalk interfaces with social media!
- Load the interface for Twitter from the public repository and see how Smalltalk interfaces with Twitter!
- Cincom Smalltalk Tutorials – We have a number of tutorials online to get you started with Cincom Smalltalk. You can read the tutorials, or watch them in screencast form!
- We put out a monthly Smalltalk Digest – it’s a quick update on what’s going on in the world of Smalltalk. You can follow it online or subscribe to it here.
- SupportWeb – Are you a customer or registered academic user in need of support? Then head on over to our online support system and get started.
- Search for screencasts, videos, and podcasts with our Web Velocity powered search application.
- Support Resolutions – Need to research existing resolutions to problems – which might solve any issues you have? Then head on over to our resolutions application and search for answers.