- Ensure that the micro-electronics vital to U.S.defense re readily available.
- Reduce the time to produce silicon wafers from 30 days to three, and the cost from hundreds of millions to $30 million.
Provide a development environment that:
- Exploits the power, flexibility, and price-performance of client-server computing.
- Has a customizable graphical user interface to meet customers’ varying needs.
- Can be easily maintained and updated throughout its life cycle.
- Supports agile, short cycle-time manufacturing strategies.
Solution: Cincom® VisualWorks®
- TI developed the first fully integrated CIMprototype in just six months, including training time.
- TI met the Defense Department’s project goals.
- TI was able to reuse up to 80% of its code without modification and 10% with minimal changes.
- Smalltalk fulfilled requirements for both the prototype and the full-scale CIM system, including reduced time and effort to create user interfaces.
- TI increased its ability to rapidly respond to customer-requested changes.