To develop two business-critical systems that would:
- Cover pre-sales, sales and invoicing processes
- Handle insurance claims
- Include both client/server workstations for back-office as well as a web client for sales and agencies
- Run both on employee PCs (client/server) and as batch applications on the server
- Integrate smoothly with other technologies (COBOL, Java, .Net, GraphTalk, etc.)
- To introduce system parameterisation and easy-to-use GUI into MMA’s contract handling and claims systems.
- The accessible development environment in VisualWorks was easy for programmers to comprehend, enabling them to quickly become productive while enjoying the system.
- Object-oriented architecture allowed the reuse of program elements, making development go faster and more efficiently.
- Impressive performance satisfies 11,300 simultaneous users globally, covering 690 products and serving over 3 million customers.
- Heavy workloads of processing new contracts, invoices, etc. at the end of the year are handled without problems.