- Modernize a twelve-year-old application to eliminate in-house workaround solutions that were unstable, difficult to maintain and resulted in daily synchronization problems with required new technologies.
- Avoid spending up to $10million to purchase or develop a brand-new system (with implementation and training costs).
- Desjardins contracted withCincom Professional Services for an upgrade to VisualWorks 7.7. Now they can take advantage of new development tools such as .NET and use newer operating systems such as Windows 2008, as well as network protocol support and Web services that the new environment offers.
- Significant savings from being able to keep the current claims application, which is now easier to maintain and communicates directly with new platforms, as opposed to purchasing or building a new claims system.
- Smooth transition for the end-users of the claims application, who appreciated improvements in the new version (such as the ability to use the mouse wheel to scroll)