The InterBase/Firebird Connect provides access to InterBase (version 6.x) and Firebird (version 0.9.x and higher) databases.
InterBase is an open source relational database that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms.
- IBEXDI – EXDI layer support
- StORE for InterBase – supports the use of InterBase or Firebird as a repository for Store
- IBLens – ObjectLens layer support.
This package is available under the ParcPlace Public License.
Written by Anthony Boris.
- two-phase commit coordination spanning multiple connections;
- multiple transactions per database connection (attach);
- full control of parameters of database connection (includes user validation, system management,etc.);
- flexible control of transactions (parameters, retain mode, emulation of autocommit behavior) ;
- support BLOBs (text & binary);
- support of InterBase ARRAY field-type (currently limited to one-dimensional arrays);