Last published: August 30, 2017 by 'randy'
FitBundle contains all of the code, tests, and examples for Smalltalk Fit. It should only be needed if you plan to do any development on Smalltalk Fit itself.
To use the library, use the Fit package and optionally FitLibrary and FitLibrary-Internals. See the package comments on Fit and FitLibrary for more information.
# Smalltalk Fit
Smalltalk Fit is a Smalltalk implementation of Ward Cunningham's [Framework for Integrated Tests](http://fit.c2.com), [Fitnesse](http://www.fitnesse.org), and Rick Mugridge's [FitLibrary](http://fitlibrary.sourceforge.net).
This version contains the equivalent features of:
Copyright (C) 2004-2013 Randy Coulman
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
See the copyright tab in the RB, the 'notice' property of this package, or the License.txt file on GitHub.
I am using the GPL because this software is considered a derivative work of the original Fit and FitLibrary implementations in Java, and they are both licensed under the GPL, so I must use it. The use of the GPL in Smalltalk is complicated, and I am not a lawyer. My intention is that you may write Fit/FitLibrary tests for your software without causing your software to come under the terms of the GPL. The test fixture code you write necessarily comes under the GPL, because it likely inherits from base classes provided in the library. However, I consider there to be a "firewall" between the fixture code and the domain code as long as you keep them in separate packages. I believe that this is consistent with the original Java implementation, where your domain code would be in a separate .jar file from your test fixture code. If you have any questions about this, please contact me (see below for contact information).
Smalltalk Fit's primary home is the [Cincom Public Store Repository](http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/CincomSmalltalkWiki/Public+Store+Repository). Check there for the latest version. It is also on [GitHub](https://github.com/randycoulman/SmalltalkFit).
SmalltalkFit was developed in VW 7.9.1, but is compatible with VW 7.7 and later. If you find any incompatibilities with VW 7.7 or later, let me know (see below for contact information) or file an issue on GitHub.
FitBundle contains the following packages:
* Fit: The Smalltalk port of Fit and Fitnesse.
* FitLibrary/FitLibrary-Internals: The Smalltalk port of FitLibrary.
* Fit-Tests: The unit tests for Fit.
* FitLibrary-Tests: The unit tests for FitLibrary.
* Fit-Examples/Fit-Examples-Tests: Support code for the examples.
* Fit-SpecFixtures/Fit-SpecFixtures-Tests: Support code for the Fit specifications.
* FitLibrary-SpecFixtures: Support code for running the FitLibrary specifications.
* FitLibrary-Tutorial: Support code for running the FitLibrary tutorial examples.
* FitLibrary-UserGuideFixtures: Support code for running the examples in the FitLibrary User's Guide.
Also included is a Smalltalk port of the examples in Rick Mugridge and Ward Cunningham's book, [Fit for Developing Software"](http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Developing-Software-Framework-Integrated/dp/0321269349):
* Fit-Book-DomainCode/Fit-Book-Fixtures: Support code for the examples.
* Fit-Book-RPS/Fit-Book-RPS-Tests/Fit-Book-RPS-Fixtures: Support code for an updated version of the Rent-a-Party Software example.
Also included is a Smalltalk port of Gojko Adzic's [Fixture Gallery](http://gojko.net/fitnesse/fixturegallery):
* FixtureGallery-DomainCode/FixtureGallery-Fixtures: Support code for the fixture gallery.
I inherited Smalltalk Fit from Dave Astels. He had a mostly working port of Fit done. I enhanced it and added Fitnesse and FitLibrary support.
Alan Wostenberg devised the simple file-based scheme that is used for running tests against a development image.
I'm happy to receive bug fixes and improvements to this package. If
you'd like to contribute, please publish your changes as a "branch"
(non-integer) version in the Public Store Repository and contact me as
outlined below to let me know. I will merge your changes back into
the "trunk" as soon as I can review them.
# Contact Information
If you have any questions about SmalltalkFit and how to use it, feel free to contact me.
* Web site: http://randycoulman.com
* Blog: Courageous Software (http://randycoulman.com/blog)
* E-mail: randy _at_ randycoulman _dot_ com
* Twitter: @randycoulman
* GitHub: randycoulman