Last published: September 23, 2021 by 'chronos'
The Chronos Date/Time Library (Beta version):
* Implements the ANSI-Smalltalk Standard , , and protocols.
* Supports the full functionality of the IANA Timezone Database (formerly known as the Olson Time Zone Database)--including time zone rules that vary from year to year.
* Supports various calendrical systems in addition to the international standard Gregorian calendar (e.g., Julian, Hebrew, Islamic, Persian...).
* Supports both business and scientific use cases, including time-of-day-preserving date arithmetic, holiday definition/detection, and resolution down to the nanosecond.
* Supports point-in-time values that are either invariant to universal time or invariant to nominal time.
* And much, much more...
INSTALLATION : For full and correct functionality, the Chronos Time Zone Repository must be locally available. To obtain the Chronos Time Zone Repository, detailed installation instructions, code examples. porting advice, the text of the Chronos License, or the latest version of Chronos, please contact either Cincom or the library author (Alan Lovejoy; firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOTICE: All code (classes and methods, and all associated documentation,) distributed as part of the Chronos Date/Time library are © Copyright 2005-2017 by Alan L. Lovejoy. All Rights Reserved. Usage is controlled by the Chronos License:
License for the usage of the Chronos Date/Time Library
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the Chronos Date/Time Library and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.