- Adding GUI capabilities to applications
- Integrating applications with the desktop
- Creating platform independence
- Providing business-to-business interfaces with customers worldwide
- Legacy systems written in Assembler and COBOL on CICS, presentation capabilities limited to 3270 green screens
Cincom Smalltalk™ (both Cincom® ObjectStudio® and Cincom® VisualWorks®)
- Deployment of web-enabled versions of mainframe applications.
- Interface between Electronic Data Interchange(EDI) transactions and mainframe systems.
- Compliance with current IT architecture.
- Management of changes without disruption to customers.