STIC Conference 2012
The STIC conference (formerly known as Smalltalk Solutions) is being held from March 18-21 in Biloxi Mississippi.
I am often asked how this conference compares to the ESUG conference; where ESUG has a more academic orientation, the STIC conference is geared more towards commercial use and business success and solutions.
I welcome you to come to the conference! See here to learn more, or to sign up to attend.
I will be involved with two presentations this year; a Cincom Smalltalk roadmap/news presentation, and a presentation on using Cincom Smalltalk for supporting a business. I welcome you to attend them!
Here are just a few of the presentations I think you will find interesting this year. Come join us! - Arden Thomas
- VisualWorks Memory Management
– by Andres Valloud
- Building a Business with Cincom Smalltalk
– by Arden Thomas, Dirk Verleyson
- Cincom News
– by Arden Thomas
- Gimme Some Skin: A Way Forward for the VisualWorks Widget Set
– by Travis Griggs
- Cincom Security: Reloaded
– by Martin Kobetic
- Using GLORP with New Projects that Need to Access Legacy Data
– by Mark Grinnell & Andreas Hiltner
- The Cairo Graphics Kit: Getting Modern Graphics for Familiar Tools
– by Chris Thormgrisson
- Fluid Positioning in VisualWorks
– by David Buck
- The Challenge of Building a Runtime
– by James Roberston