Legacy Framework Availability
There are some frameworks in the Cincom Smalltalk product that are obsolete, antiquated or have been replaced by newer technology and designated as “Legacy.”
We keep some of these frameworks available in the product, as some customers may want to use them longer, need extra time to port to a newer technology or may wish to continue with and maintain the framework for themselves.
Legacy frameworks have minimal to no support, and functionality will not be enhanced.
Legacy framework items:
- Distributed Smalltalk/CORBA (Limited industry adoption and demand)
- VisualWave (Eclipsed by Seaside and AppeX)
- ObjectLens (GLORP-based use recommended for new work)
- “Old” Internationalization Japanese Locale (Uses the new internationalization work)
- Model Editor (Minimal demand and use)
- SQL Editor (dependent on parser that is not db agnostic)
- Report Writer (Unchanged and stable for years)
- Sqlparser in Proxy-Database package (Not the preferred technique, only works for simple queries)
- Scrollable cursor classes delete and update methods (Compromised depending on a variety of factors, such as array fetching)
If you have any questions regarding these legacy frameworks, please contact Arden Thomas, the Cincom Smalltalk Product Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.