#ESUG17 Conference Information
The 25th Annual European Smalltalk User Group Conference is right around the corner. This year #ESUG17 will take place in Maribor, Slovenia on September 4-8, 2017 with Camp Smalltalk preceding it on September 3, 2017.
The ESUG Board put together some helpful information for the conference:
Venue and Maps
Maribor is the second-largest city in Slovenia with about 96,000 inhabitants. It is also the largest city of the traditional region of Lower Styria.
The conference is planned to be held at the University of Maribor. NOTE: This location may slightly change.
Here are some links on Slovenia
The ESUG Board have chosen three hotels in the center of Maribor for attendees to stay. They are all located close to the location of Conference.
Those hotels are: Hotel City, Best western plus Hotel Piramida and Hotel Orel. Prices are currently being negotiated.
Hotel BWP Piramida
- Single room hotel Piramida 84,00 Eur, (with 10% discount: 75,60 Eur)
- Double room 114,00 Eur, (with 10% discount: 102,60 Eur)
- Single room hotel Orel 65,00 Eur, (with 10% discount: 58,50 Eur)
- Double room hotel Orel 85,00 Eur, (with 10% discount: 76,50 Eur)
- Single room hostel Uni 54,00 Eur, (with 10% discount: 48,60 Eur)
- Double room hostel Uni 64,00 Eur, (with 10% discount: 57,60 Eur)
You will make your own reservations. When placing a reservation, you have to say that you are a participant of the Conference, ESUG 2017. I have already sent you all the link to hotels.
How to reach Maribor
The closest Airports are:
- Ljubljana (1,5 hour),
- Zagreb (1,5 hour) and
- Graz (45 min),
- Trieste (2,5 hours),
- Wienna (2,5 hours) and Venice (2,5 hours).
At the airport you can use if you are enough to fill all the seats https://www.goopti.com/en/