24th International Smalltalk Joint Conference (ESUG’16) – Call for Contributions
This call includes:
- A Developer Forum
- The Smalltalk Technology Award
- The International Workshop
You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways, including:
- Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/About/BecomeSponsor.
- Submit a talk, software or a paper to one of the events. See below.
- Attend the conference. Conference organizers would like to beat the previous attendance record of 170 people at Amsterdam in 2008!
Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference
Conference organizers are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk. You will have 30 minutes for presentations and 45-60 minutes for hands-on tutorials.
The list of topics for the normal talks and tutorials includes but is not limited to the following:
- Micro Services, Container, Cloud, Big Data
- XP practices, development tools, experience reports
- Model-driven development, web development, team management
- Meta-modeling, security, new libraries and frameworks
- Educational material, embedded systems and robotics
- SOA and web services, interaction with other programming languages
Teaching Pearls and Show us Your Business
Show us your business 10-minute sessions (get prepared!)
Teaching pearls – Conference organizers want some sessions on how to teach some design aspects as well as tips and tricks on teaching Smalltalk or OOP.
They expect to have several 10- to 15-minute sessions aggregated.
How to Submit
The submission deadline is May 15, 2016. Notification of acceptance will be on done on the fly.
For more information, visit http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2016/.
Spots are limited, so do not wait until the last minute to apply.
Prospective presenters should submit a request to Stephane Ducasse (firstname.lastname@example.org) and use the following header [ESUG 2015 Developers].
Please follow the template below to ensure that the email will be automatically processed!
Subject: [ESUG 2015 Developers] + your name
Email where you can always be reached:
Type: Tutorial/Talk/Teaching Pearl
Any presentation not conforming to this template will automatically be discarded.
International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies
Technology Award Competition
The top three teams with the most innovative software will receive, respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based software are welcome to compete.
For more information, visit http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2016/Innovation-Technology-Awards.
Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the conference running smoothly and in return, they receive free registration and accommodations, while still having most of the time to enjoy the conference.
If you’re interested in participating as a student volunteer, please visit http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2016/Student-volunteers.
For additional information, please visiting the following:
We hope to see you there!