The April edition of Smalltalk Digest is available now.
Check This Out!
- STIC’13 Location Unveiled – The Smalltalk Industry Conference Heads to Arizona in June 2013!
- Revamped Website – Check Out Our New Look!
- Award-Winning Solution – Cincom® ChannelStream™ Enables Client to Win Award While Picking Up a Prize of Its Own!
- The “German Perspective” — STIC Executive Director Participates in German Interview for SmalltalkInspect
- Customer Input — Cincom Smalltalk Delivery 2012 — Key Items in the Upcoming Releases
- Election Results — Georg Heeg Continues as STIC’12 Executive Director
- Seeking Participants — ESUG 20th International Smalltalk Joint Conference Call for Contributions
- Knowing Where We Came From — Smalltalk History to Be Featured in New Course Material
- Cincom® ObjectStudio® Tool — ObjectStudio Glossary Available
- Academia — The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- New Website Sections — New Presentations and Videos Sections Now Available
- Serving the Smalltalk Community — Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
Smalltalk News Repositories
- Smalltalk News from the Smalltalk Industry Council
- Smalltalk News from the Cincom Smalltalk Team
- News Regarding STIC
Helpful Technical Information
STIC’12 Follow-Up News
- Cincom Smalltalk Speakers Shine at a Very Successful STIC’12
- Cincom Presentations from STIC’12 Are Now Online!
- Revisiting STIC’12 – Presentations Now Available Online
- STIC’12 Keynote Videos Now Available
- Facebook Photo Galleries – Remembering STIC’12
- May 9-11, 2012 - Karlsruher Entwicklertag (Karlsruhe,Germany)
- May 15-16, 2012 - Turku Agile Day
- May 21-25, 2012 – XP2012 (Malmö, Sweden)
- August 27-31, 2012 - ESUG 2012 Conference
- Update on Smalltalk Events
The beautiful state of Arizona has several nicknames, and now it will be known as the state that will be hosting the 2013 Smalltalk Industry Conference. Click here for more information.
The Cincom Smalltalk website has a brand-new look, and we encourage you to check it out! Click here to find out how we’ve improved it.
Cincom ChannelStream has won the premier prize of the Palmarès Xplor France 2012 award. In addition, it has enabled Informatique & Technologies Caisse d’Epargne (IT-CE) to win the premier prize for document management and document production. Click here for the official Cincom Press Release.
The Executive Director of the Smalltalk Industry Council (STIC), Georg Heeg, recently participated in a German interview for SmalltalkInspect. Click here.
Cincom Smalltalk Product Manager, Arden Thomas, is happy to tell us about some of the changes that will be occurring in upcoming product releases. Our clients spoke, and we listened! Click here for more information.
The voting is over, and the Smalltalk Industry Council board members are happy to report that Georg Heeg will continue on as the Executive Director of STIC. Click here for more information about Georg’s re-election.
The ESUG 20th International Smalltalk Joint Conference will be held in Gent, Belgium on August 27-31, with Camp Smalltalk preceding it on August 25-26. Click here for more information on Europe’s largest Smalltalk event.
David Buck of Simberon, Inc. recently announced that he’s putting together a brief “History of Smalltalk,” which will be featured in a new online “Introduction to Smalltalk” course. Click here to find out more details.
We’re pleased to let you know that there is now a Cincom ObjectStudio Glossary available that includes an alphabetical listing of pertinent Cincom ObjectStudio terms and their definitions—a very handy reference tool. To access the glossary, click here.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and Expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
Are you interested in viewing a presentation or video on a particular subject? We’re happy to report that thanks to the new Presentations section and Video section of the Cincom Smalltalk product website, it’s just gotten a whole lot easier to find what you’re looking for.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
There’s a lot going on in the world of Smalltalk these days, and we’re happy to present it to you. Click here to view the latest Smalltalk news courtesy of the Smalltalk Industry Council.
Click here to get Smalltalk news from the Cincom Smalltalk team.
Click here to view the latest news regarding STIC.
In ObjectStudio 8.4 and VisualWorks 7.9, Cincom has added full Unicode support to their ODBC connects. Click here for more information.
STIC’12 was filled with many informative sessions, and we’re happy to say that many of the presentations that truly stood out were given by our own Cincom Smalltalk speakers! Click here to find out about the two Cincom ObjectStudio demos that proved to be real conference highlights!
We’re happy to let you know that you can now view the online versions of presentations that were given by Cincomers during STIC’12. Click here.
Those who could not attend STIC’12 as well as those who want to recapture some of the highlights from the event can now view the presentations online. Click here for more information.
Did you miss STIC’12? Well, you’ll be happy to know that videos of the two keynote presentations are now available online. Click here to find out how you can view them.
We’re happy to announce that you can now remember STIC’12 via the photo galleries that can be found on Facebook. Click here for more information.
May 15-16 - Turku Agile Day
Known as the coziest agile software development conference, Turku Agile Day will be held at the ICT Building, located in the Kupittaa District of Turku, Finland. Click here for more information.
May 21-25 - XP2012 (Malmö, Sweden)
XP2012, with a theme of “Agile by Design,” will be held at Molmö Sweden on May 21-25. Click here to find out more about the conference.
ESUG 2012 will be held at Gent, Belgium on August 27-31 with Camp Smalltalk preceding it on August 25-26. Click here for additional information.
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.