Cincom Smalltalk Announcements
- Smalltalk Pioneer, Alan Kay, to Speak in Potsdam, Germany
- Smalltalks 2011 Best Papers to Be Submitted to International Journal SCP
- ESUG 2011 Innovation Technology Awards
- The Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program
- New Presentations and Videos Sections Now Available
- Cincom Smalltalk Community Blogs
- Smalltalk News Roundup
Helpful Technical Information
- Cincom Smalltalk Support Tidbits
- Future Predictions
- Interesting Bugs
- System>>whenIdleSend:to:args: – Blessing or Curse?
- Alan Kay’s Talk in Potsdam, Germany — July 21, 2011
- ESUG International Smalltalk Conference — August 22-26, 2011
- Camp Smalltalk (precursor to ESUG International Smalltalk Conference) — August 20-21, 2011
- Smalltalks 2011 (the 5th International Conference on Smalltalk Technologies) — November 3-5, 2011
- Update on Smalltalk Events
Alan Kay will be speaking at the Hasso-Plattner Institut in Potsdam, Germany on July 21. The talk will be held in Lecture Hall 1 at 16:00-17:00. Click here to learn more about this “Smalltalk Pioneer’s” talk.
Organizers of Smalltalks 2011, which will be held at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Argentina on November 3-5, 2011, are enticing those who are willing to submit papers by offering the possibility of having extended versions of their work submitted to the International Journal SCP (Science of Computer Programming). Click here for more details.
With a goal of increasing the quality of the available system design and engineering training, providing higher-quality engineers and developers to the industry and users, and Expanding the Smalltalk community, we suggest that you look into the Cincom Smalltalk Academic Program. Click here to read all about it.
Are you interested in viewing a presentation or video on a particular subject? We’re happy to report that thanks to the new Presentations section and Video section of the Cincom Smalltalk product website, it’s just gotten a whole lot easier to find what you’re looking for.
There are many blogs run by the Cincom Smalltalk Group now. Check them out by clicking here.
There’s been quite a bit of Smalltalk news lately. Click here to read all about it.
Cincom Smalltalk Support is happy to pass along some interesting tidbits of information that you might find useful. Click here.
In this article, Cincom Smalltalk Product Manager, Arden Thomas, discusses how predictions about the future have a lot to do with the present. Click here to read Arden’s article.
Alan Knight recently wrote an informative blog post about “Interesting Bugs.” Click here to read Alan’s post.
In this posting, Andreas Hiltner explains how both Microsoft and Smalltalk works by sending messages, and how this can be viewed as both a blessing and a curse. Click here to ready Andreas’s explanation.
Smalltalk pioneer, Alan Kay, will be speaking at the Hasso-Plattner Institut in Potsdam, Germany on July 21. Click here.
The ESUG International Smalltalk Conference will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland on August 22-26, 2011. Click here for the ESUG conference website.
The pre-cursor to the ESUG International Smalltalk Conference, Camp Smalltalk will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland on August 20-21, 2011. Click here for the ESUG conference website.
Smalltalks 2011 (the 5th International Conference on Smalltalk Technologies) will be held at the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes in Argentina on November 3-5, 2011. Click here for additional information.
Click here for an update on Smalltalk-related events you may want to attend.