I put together a brief (just over 7 minutes) prediction podcast this afternoon - here's my end of year list of predictions, but bear in mind that (as I said in the podcast) the first one is more of a wish/desire than a prediction:
- Microsoft will start to get serious pushback on the copy protection madness they've included in Windows Vista
- 2007 will see even more interest in dynamic languages, as things like Vista Smalltalk and JRuby gain attention on the major platforms - which will help provide small openings for the rest of us in that sector
- There will be in an increase in statements that the blogosphere/podosphere has peaked (or will peak) in 2007 - especially from larger analyst firms
- The Mac will start to be taken seriously as an alternative path up from 2000/XP
- There will be no relief from Spam and Splogs in 2007
That's it - Happy New Year!