I'm just about to release the 3.3 release of BottomFeeder. This release is based on VW 7.2, so upgrading will require replacing the base image and VM (non windows) or base executable (Windows). Your saved files will all be handled just fine by the upgrade; there's been no change to the formats. What's new?
- Upgraded BottomFeeder to the VisualWorks 7.2 runtime. Users must download the new runtime.
- Initial Startup time has been greatly speeded up
- A complete overhaul of the posting tool. Thanks to Michael Lucas-Smith for all of his work and suggestions!
- How many items to cache can be set on a per-feed level now
- Feeds can be set to auto-browse individually, as opposed to the global setting
- Fixed a number of bugs and limitations in the feed auto-discovery module
- Improved the update tool
- Added two new feed builders - one for the Headline news service, one for the Yahoo news service
- On Windows, we now have better support for Unicode character display
- Added Support for Atom 0.3 syndication format
- Added support for the wfw comments module - Bf now follows per item comment feeds, inlining the comments (as per the includedComments support)
- Improved the Http package's handling of cookies
- Added a 'Flag for followup' property to items. Items may be marked as being flagged, and all flagged items can be viewed as a group
- Some minor UI layout tweaks in the main UI
There's a number of other "under the hood" changes that won't be immediately noticeable, but will result in a better application. We are working to get the doc updated, and expect to have 3.3 out shortly. Stay tuned!