Smalltalkers, get your browsers revved up:
ESUG Innovation Technology Awards
The European Smalltalk Users Group (ESUG) is proud to announce its first Innovation Technology Awards. The top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive, respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards ceremony at the next ESUG conference (6-10 september 2004, Köthen, Germany). Developpers of any Smalltalk-based software are welcome to compete.
- Any Smalltalker can apply (students, companies, ...)
- The presented piece of code/software should be written in Smalltalk or directly support Smalltalk (e.g. Smalltalk VM)
- All Smalltalk dialects are accepted
- The applicant should own the copyright/copyleft of presented code or at least be the official representative of the copyright/copyleft owner
- The presented software should be recent. It should have been finished after the 1st january 2002.
- The software should be free for non commercial use.
How to apply?
Applicants should provide :
- a short paper (in PDF format) up to 3 A4 pages in 12pt font with :
- keywords for the entry, and
- Smalltalk platforms it runs on, and
- whether it is a free or shareware, or a professional piece of software,
- names and affiliation of developers, and
- description of their software, and
- one or more screenshots of their software, if possible, and
- a runnable demo (available for download or on a CD).
- Descriptions and demo location should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners will be selected by votes of the conference attendees.
- Pieces of software will be downloadable from the ESUG website 2 weeks before the conference to give people the chance to evaluate it.
- Every applicant can give a 10min talk/demo during the conference.
- Then, conference attendees do vote.
A vote consists in providing a sorted list of 3 prefered pieces of software. Voters should provide such a list based on their preception of software's:
- Innovation and Creativity
- Stability and Performance
- Successfull use
Winners are softwares which ranks top the most often.
- Applications (see requirements) should be sent by july 1st
- Notification of eligibility will be sent by july 31st
- Demos, votes and the Awards Ceremony will take place during the ESUG Conference, 6-10 september 2004, Köthen, Germany.
I'm curious about the "finish date" - January 2002?