Cincom Smalltalk™ Winter Edition Now Available!
CINCINNATI, Ohio – January 4, 2006 – Cincom Systems is announcing the immediate release of Cincom Smalltalk Winter Edition, an object-oriented development tool used for mission-critical business applications.
VisualWorks® 7.4 and ObjectStudio® 7.1 comprise the new Cincom Smalltalk Winter Edition. VisualWorks is the Smalltalk toolset for building instantly portable server, Web-based, and client-server applications; ObjectStudio allows developers of native Windows® applications to create innovative solutions that model complex business processes.
What’s new with Cincom Smalltalk VisualWorks:
- New supported 64-bit VMs -- Solaris 5.x Sparc64 and Linux x86-64
- New unsupported 64-bit VMs -- Solaris 10 x86-64
- New unsupported 32-bit VMs -- Solaris 10 x86-64
- Improved Database/Store support -- Oracle Connection Pooling, threaded CTLib (Sysbase) Connection and Store support, ODBC SQL Execution improvements
- Finished THAPI support for SGI, AIX, and HPUX
- Internalization—Extended Unicode awareness from Windows to Mac OS 8/9
- Improved support for Web services, including SOAP Headers
- WebSphere/MQ Connectivity support
- Security enhancements surrounding ASN.1 and S.509
- Deployment -- RuntimePackager now works off of packages and bundles
- Plugin -- Support for Windows-based Beta IE plugin
What’s new with Cincom Smalltalk ObjectStudio:
- Ole bug enhancements
- DB bug enhancements
- XML Parser synched with the VW version
- Opentalk synched with the VW version
- Early access availability for ObjectStudio on the VW VM -- by request only
Meet with Cincom Smalltalk engineers, customers and partners at Smalltalk Solutions 2006 held in conjunction with LinuxWorld and NetworkWorld Canada, April 24-26, 2006 in Toronto, Canada. More information can be found at http://www.lwnwexpo.plumcom.ca/.
About Cincom Smalltalk
Cincom Smalltalk enables software developers to build applications quickly and efficiently, including scalable browser-based and client-server systems. Cincom Smalltalk delivers significant productivity over Java™, C#, C++, or Visual Basic®, allowing developers to bring their products to market significantly faster. For more information, please visit our Web site at http://smalltalk.cincom.com/index.ssp.
For nearly 40 years, Cincom's software and services have helped thousands of clients worldwide simplify the management of complex business processes. Cincom specializes in the five areas of business where simplification brings the greatest value to managers who want to grow revenue, control costs, minimize risk and achieve rapid ROI better than their competitors.
Cincom serves clients on six continents including BMW, Citibank, Boeing, Northwestern Mutual, Federal Express, Ericsson, Penn State University, Milacron, Siemens, Rockwell Automation and Trane.
For more information about Cincom's products and services, contact Cincom at 1-800-2CINCOM (USA only), send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the company's website at www.cincom.com.
|Cincom Systems, Inc.||Cincom Systems, Inc.|
|Suzanne Fortman||James Robertson|
|Marketing Manager||Smalltalk Product Manager|